19 ☭ Things I Never Should've Said

It took everything in me to press the doorbell of my own home.

Lord I was positive that today is the day I die.

I noticed a strange car parked in front of our house. We had a guest.

Maybe she'll take it easy on me with a visitor in the house.

I heard some shuffling from the inside and braced myself for the wrath I was about to receive.

The door flung open revealing my mom.

She had bags under her eyes and her cheeks were wet. Her hair was horribly scattered and she looked like she hadn't slept at all.

She let out a huge gasp and pulled me in for the tightest hug in my life.

"You're okay," she breathed out, her voice was throaty like she'd been crying.

It took a second for me to process what just happened. And then I hugged her back.

She had been worried.

She pulled away and placed her fragile hands on my cheeks.

"You're okay," she repeated.

Her hands were shaking like it was winter and she had no gloves.

I suddenly felt guilty. "I'm sorry I made you worry," I apologized.

She shook her head, "I should be sorry. For being so hard on you."

Just then, an unfamiliar voice sounded from the door. "I told you she'll be fine," the man said.

My mom nodded.

"Right. Dana this is Edward. He's my best friend and um..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Nice to finally meet you in person. All I got were pictures," he finished for her, a genuine smile on his face.

I nodded and returned the smile as my mother pulled me into the house.

She turned to Edward who was about to speak.

"I'll leave you two at it," he said to her, pulling her into a hug and kissing her forehead.

My mother nodded.

Edwards gaze diverted to me, "once again Dana, it was nice to meet you. Keep your mom happy okay?"

I nodded, unsure of what to say to my mother's extremely hot best friend.

His arms were so delicious looking, I couldn't even.

Like literally.

Once he was gone, my mom did everything in her power to avoid eye contact with me.

I noticed a smile on her face as she breathed in and out repeatedly.

"Oh my God you like him," I spat out bluntly.

"No I do not. That would be the weirdest thing ever," she shook her head, directing me towards the stairs.

"Who's clothes are you wearing? Where did you go?" She asked.

If I told her I was at the neighbors, she would definitely hate Cayson more than she already does.

"And don't tell me Adam's because Adam was here, worried," she assured me.

"Adam was here?" I asked, shocked.

"He left just a few hours ago. Even dropped his phone as he was in a hurry," she said.

"Well where did he go?"

"To look for you."

I blinked.