10 ☣ How To Hate

☣

There was no way I was going to take a bus. I was not prepared to have my butt glued to a seat for an hour and some minutes. No way.

I decided to wait for my mom to get back from shopping with her peers and that also wasn’t a good option considering it was already 7:20 in the evening and she was still out having the type of fun I and Stacey were meant to be having.

I almost considered asking Cayson for some help when I went back for Adam but I was really starting to like my life a little bit.

Speaking of Adam, he had already left when I asked Cayson if he was still in his house.

Cayson hated me twice as much than the twice-as-much he did earlier.

He didn’t even try to hide the harshness in his tone and his glares, which I took as evidence that he really wasn’t enjoying my presence.

I remembered him calling out to me when I was walking back to my house and I prepared myself for an apology and, maybe along the line, a declaration of love. But that didn’t come up. He had told me “don’t forget to leave your windows unlocked” and that totally puzzled the madness into me.

It took a while for me to figure out what he meant since I couldn’t ask him once he spoke. He had blurted that sort of thing out and just walked in, shutting his door behind him and wasn’t lazy to lock it this time.

He had left me with his guitar. He was probably coming to take it. Hopefully…

I was sat on my bed and opposite me was Hadrian. We were playing Scrabble because mom wasn’t home to play video games with him and he hated playing alone. Also, I couldn’t play any video game to save my life.

I didn’t even know what was in these days. The xbox 1? The Playstation 4? The Nitendo Wii?

What games were there? How do you set it up? I was so immune to that kind of fun.

I guess that’s one of the million reasons I was single after my break-up with my first and only boyfriend.

But something was different now.

Adam likes me…

The weird part was how I suddenly felt about the whole situation; like a couple of hours ago, I could stand up right and say Adam was like a brother to me. He was. But after Cayson’s explanation, which was rather rude, I can’t say that.

I didn’t even know how to feel about this, but then when I thought back to the previous night when I thought he was going to kiss me, I remembered I actually wanted him to…? And somehow I felt wrong about that.

Maybe I was just over-excessively hormonal than usual.

But even at that, I still felt something for my best friend. Something that only came up when he – Cayson. When Cayson had told me I was the one Adam had a crush on me.

And then a thought came to my mind.

Stacey had told me Parker had a crush on me, didn’t she? If it was possible that Adam somehow managed to actually have a crush on me before I left, then what are the chances that the reason behind their argument was Parker and Adam?

How cool would that be? That two of my male friends had a crush on me and had a fight down cause of that?

Okay that was a bad way to go about thinking if the situation but I couldn’t deny the happy feeling because it made me feel like I wasn’t that ugly.