1 ☎ I Should've Called The Cops

☎ ✆ ☎ ✆ ☎

I was supposed to be excited. It had been 5 years since I had last been in the place I grew up in; the place I had to leave all my friends behind. I left my past here also. So why was this so nauseating? Why was I so edgy?

I should be happy? I mean if I got lucky, I could even get to see Adam; my ex best friend, Stace, Parker and Fynn.

Why was I having second thoughts about this trip? I was the one who called for it after all.

God dad will kill me if I call him saying I want to come home.

"I'm sure Mom will be so welcoming with that face you've got up." Oh yeah.

Did I forget to mention my younger brother; Hadrian had to follow me on this trip? That's probably why I had such a bad feeling about this.

"Cheer up, Dumb-na. Your friends said they'd be here in a week right?"

He always called me that; 'dumb-na'. I cleared my throat and tapped his shoulder very violently when he turned around to continue looking for our mom.

"What?" This attitude was what I really didn't want to take care of.

"What did I say about that stupid name?" I tried to keep my fake smile on. Trust me, after a week with this kid, you'd be shitting blades and wish your death comes quicker.

"Nothing relevant." He shrugged.

I gave him a threatening glare. I was done playing happy sister. "I will haunt you in your sweetest dreams, little brother." I whispered.

He flinched and brought out a wrapped mint from his pocket and offered it to me, "Are you trying to get someone killed with that butt-breath?"

Oh. My. God.

Well, better safe than sorry, right? I snatched it from his palm and quickly unwrapped it, throwing the little white ball into my mouth.

Why was it so sticky and ... gooey?

"Oh wait," Hadrian started searching his pockets thoroughly then smiled so innocently, "I forgot. The only mint I had with me was the chewed gum I saved from two days ago,"

No...

I quickly spat it unto my palm and stretched it out. Please tell me I didn't just chew his saved used gum!

It was definitely chewing gum.

"You silly son of a -"

"Mom wouldn't like that pending word. How degrading of you!" he theatrically gasped and shook his head in utter disappointed.

Out of anger, I took the gum and tried spreading it all over his hair in such a mess. All he could do was struggle, but even as we were the same height and he was a boy, I managed to tackle him to the floor and continue trying my best.

Of course people were looking at us like we were crazy hooligans. It was a freaking airport, but that didn't stop me.

"Dana?"

That did.

Sad part was I didn't get to do my handwork.

With a speed comparable to that of light, I got off my feet and spun around. Standing in front of me was a woman with a pale looking skin and honey-brown eyes, like the ones I stare at while looking at the mirror; silky brown hair falling down her back.

She's absolutely beautiful, even more than the last time I saw her which was 5 years ago.

"Mom!" Hadrian rushed her and gave her a big hug and I joined in. She covered our faces with tons of kisses until we shrugged her off and told her it was enough. We may not be a perfect family, but we sure do show love... although most times, we like to deny it's even there.