31

"YOU LITTLE BRAT!"

You would expect Eleanor, the one I actually puked on, to be the first to throw words at me.. but instead it was her mother.

Cayson placed his hand on the small of my back, asking if I was okay the same time I was trying to apologize.

"Sorry for yourself. Who raised you?" Mrs. Barton asked in disgust and concern, but before I could reply her, Eleanor had beat me to it.

"Mother, it's enough. I'll just go change. I was going to either way," she said, walking over to me. "Your name?"

I looked at her, bestowed. Why was she being so nice? "Dana," I almost stuttered as I wiped the remaining vomit left on my lips... maybe it had to do with how pretty she was, even on the inside.. at least so far.

Her mother sighed, rolling her eyes in disappointment as she walked away.

"Eleanor. C'mon. I think I have some aspirin," Eleanor offered.

Just as I nodded, about to take a step after her, Cayson found the need to grab my hand and jerk me back. "She doesn't need your help."

Eleanor looked quite taken back at Cayson's remark. "I would never have thought Cayson Arnett would even give me as much as a word." I could sense the tension all the way from close to the ground, since Eleanor had elegant long legs making her nearly the same height with Cayson.

"Don't get used to it," he bit at her.

Eleanor just overlooked his comment and turned her attention to me. "You seem like a nice one," she said. "I hope to see you before you leave... without any nuisance." She smiled cunningly, giving Cayson a knowing look. One that seemed to really piss him off.

"See you later Cayson," she said, turning around and walking away with the smile still on her face, and my bile of vomit on her stiletto heels.

***

It was bad enough Cayson had witnessed me emptying my bowels. Now I had to be okay with the fact that he wasn't 'leaving my side' as he put it. His reason being "Eleanor is bad news".

She didn't look it.

He had basically dragged me around with him everywhere, introducing me to whoever walked up to say "Hello Cayson, it's been the longest since I last saw you". I felt very embarrassed and I just wanted to go meet my friends... or at least be left alone.

"I need to pee, Cayson," I sighed.

"No you don't," he said, without even once looking at me. He just stood there with my hand in his, flashing fake smiles to people he probably didn't give a shit about... and somehow he still looked perfect.

Too bad he wasn't.

"You don't understand. I feel it dripping. Like seriously. And my sanitary pad is probably filled with my thick menstrual blood right now and the mixture isn't great... you should really let me go before the stench of pee mixed with menstrual blood-"

"Dana," he sighed. He had had enough.. or so I thought. "I've had to live with two sisters to not be disturbed by natural female problems... plus I can tell you're lying."

I gave up. "How?"

He leaned in so close to me just to whisper. It felt so intimidating. "I know you use tampons." When he was back to standing straight, he had a smirk on his stupid face to show he was satisfied by how quick he could turn my cheeks rose pink.

How could he have - - oh. He must've seen them the few times he's been in my room.

Just as I raised my head up, about to defend myself, I saw Adam looking at me — correction. Shooting darts at me with his eyes.