CH. 15 - Puppy love

(This is an old chapter from my drafts, this is a flashback of when they were still kids btw! Sorry for my past bad writing here. I needed a filler for chapter 12 and felt lazy to write another new chapter)

(Also, let's just say this was after chapter 6 (realization).)

---'•'---

"An.....fo..e..."
"An...y...for..."
"Anya Forger!"

"Huh, huh?" Anya's head sprung up from her desk, looking around.

The teacher, Mr. Henderson, scolded her.
"It is very inelegant of you to sleep in class, Miss forger."

"Oh...sorry, Mr. Hen-nerson." Anya slurred, half awake.

Mr. Henderson was concerned. "Miss forger, are you getting enough sleep? You've been like this since the plane making project. I suggest you go to the nurse." He looked up, "Would anyone like to accompany Miss Forger to the nurse's office?"

Many murmurs floated throughout the room.

"Who would wanna go with a commoner?"

"Psh, I can't ruin my hair. She's got the commoner touch."

"She probably smells like a stinky chihuahua."

Becky glared and stood up, "Quiet! I'll g-"

"I'll accompany Forger." Damian said firmly, and also stood up.

Becky covered her mouth. "I mean, I'll go sit down." She grinned. 'Hah, way to go, Desmond! Making the first move, I see! I thought it would be Anya, but alright!'

'Move? I move? Where would I move?' Anya thought.

"Hey, come on Anya. Let's go." Damian got Anya's hand and walked off with her angrily.

"Ah-!?" She stared at the boy dragging her. 'Why is he being so nice? Did he just call me by my name? What happened to all the uggo calling?'

'Those bastards...don't they have any decency? I have to protect her...' Damian thought, unaware of what he was thinking. He was too mad to even realize.

Anya was confused, "I don't need any protection, syon-boy. Anya is stro-"

"W-what!? What are you on about, you uggo!?" Damian stopped dragging her.

'Sh**! How did she know what I was thinking!? Can she read my mind!? Do telepaths even exist? Why did she say that so randomly!? Now that I think about it, she kinda does say whatever I'm thinki-'

'Oh no! I let it slip from my mouth!!! I have to be a cool liar like papa!!'
"I UHH, HAVE A HEADACHE! LET'S GO TO THE NURSE'S OFFICE FAST!!!" Anya screamed.

"What!? AAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Damian was cut off when he started being pulled by anya, and woah, she was fast!!!

...

"We're here-"

"Can you read minds?"

Anya's face went white. "W-what??? That was so random!?? Tele- Tele-pats don't exist!!!"

"It's 'telepaths', and you're making me question if they actually exist or not." Damian said.
'Though I might embarrass myself by falsely accusing, it's the only way...'

'I can't let syon-boy know! He might tell and then I'll go back to the scientists!!!'

'If you can read my mind...I have peanuts for you in the front pocket of my bag.' (totally not exposing himself for bringing peanuts just for her)