CH. 22 - The hell?

Format got messed up. Sorry lol 😅 Some comments got deleted

---

"Let me go ouuut," Anya whined. She was exhausted after laying in bed all day and watching spy wars. She didn't really put much thought into how much this hospital cost them — wait, how much was the hospital bill anyway?

Nurse Ola sighed. "Alright, let's go for some fresh air at 7pm since the breeze will be good at that time."

"Yaaay!"

...

"Do you always act like this? Aren't you 16?" Ola laughed.

"Uh, actually, no, I'm not sure what happened to me..."

Nurse Ola smiled. "Haha, okay, let's go."

...

"Are you coming?" Ola said, after Anya didn't move.

"Can I go by myself?" Anya asked.

Ola looked at Anya suspiciously. "Depends,"

"Aw man–"

"—But," She stuck a finger up into the air, "I can let you go outside by yourself and just watch over you from a distance if you want some alone time."

Anya's eyes lit up, "Yaaay! Thank you!!!" She said, and ran over to give Ola a hug, then tripped.

"Oh my."

—~x~---

"Anya is at the seasideee!!!~" Anya 'hip–hip hooray–ed'. Was that word even a thing?

"Alright, I'll leave you be. But remember, I'll be watching you from a distance!" Nurse Ola said, and left while Anya shot her a thumbs up.

...

Anya put her hands on the rails, the cold metal stung her fingertips as she slowly tightened her grip around the railings, huffing out a breath of either annoyance or sadness.

...

'What kind of spy am I?'

She glared at the ocean as if it was its fault, which the ocean responded by throwing drops of water on her patient attire.

I promised myself I wouldn't let my emotions get in the way.

Her grip tightened even more, causing the friction to scratch her skin.

Who am I to call myself 'Twilight's daughter'?

Yet, when I see him — I get a familiar sense of guilt.

The same guilt that I feel when lying to mama or papa for the 'good of the world'.

The same guilt that I feel when trying to convince myself, 'It's okay. It's for world peace.'

The same guilt I feel when Damian is nice to me.

I remember when he said to me, "You're not like the rest... you... actually consider me a person...rather than just my father's son..."

That day, I cried because I was so guilty. He asked me why I was crying, and I had to lie to him again, saying I just felt sorry for him.

Am I really not like the rest?

I used, and I am using him for the mission anyway.

Who am I to call myself his friend?