CH. 17 - Glamourous ball

TW: Gore and injuries are said in this chapter and the next ones to come.

---

"Please, look at me, let me expl-" Anya held onto his arm tighter.

"Don't make this harder than it should be." He slapped her hand away, causing her to fall to the cold floor.

-ו×-

4 hours.

"Anya, you're so beautiful in that dress!" Yor exclaimed.

"Thank you, mama." Anya said as she put on her heels.

"Who's taking you, though?" Loid asked.

"Syon-boy." Anya said.

"WHAT!?- I mean, that's great to hear, Anya." Loid said with a fake laugh.

'I know it would've been beneficial to the mission before, but now that it's over...'

Ding dong!

"Oh, that must be him!" Anya rushed to the door and opened it.

Damian straightened his posture. "Hello Mr and Mrs...Anya?" He held a beautiful bouquet of cherry blossom flowers, which meant: Renewal, hope, and new beginnings.

Yor walked to the door to greet him, "You must be Damian, thank you so much for taking my daughter!" She clapped her hands happily.

"Uhh...you're welcome..." Damian said, not knowing what to say.

"Oh, it's almost 8 PM. Get going now, and bye Anya." Loid smiled as he shut the door behind them.

'If I didn't have this short mission, I would've followed them. Just for...just for food...?' Loid thought.

"I'm off to the hospital, they need me for a short thing." Loid said to Yor as he got his hat.

"Ah! Yes, I'm heading to my work, they need my report for the week." Yor said as she got her coat.

"Well, uhh, bye then Yor..." He awkwardly waved bye and went out of the building.

"Bye..."

-'•'---

Damian opened the door for Anya as she stepped out, they arrived at the Ballroom.

"Wow, this place is big

"Wow, this place is big..." Anya said in awe.

"Yeah." He agreed.

"Anyaaa! You're so gorgeous! And, I'll have to have a chit-chat first with Desmond here. I'll be right back in a minute!" Becky winked while dragging Damian away.

Her expression immediately changed, "So, did you do as I told you to?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Uhh, umm??? I gave her flowers..." Damian nervously took a step back.