CH. 18 - It was never my intention

TW: Quite a gorey explaination of what happened to an injury. (P.S sorry for the horrible art. Was too busy laughing about what I was gonna do next. Xoxo! AHSDHASHSHSHH)

---

A day flew by and Anya was discharged out of the hospital. Though she was already able to go home, the doctor wanted to inspect further on some of her wounds that she found.

Unfortunately for Anya's mission and our drama, Demetrius still had a day to go before being discharged.

"Anya, how are you? Are you okay?" Yor rushed to her daughter, and put both hands on her shoulders.

"I'm fine, mama..." Anya said.

"Just how did you get hurt?" Loid said.

"Some man tried to poison me and I kicked him and he hurt me back." Anya said.

"...Is that so..." Loid narrowed his eyes.

"No, papa, I already called the police on him." Anya said, knowing her father would definitely bash his head on a rock.

"Oh, alright then."

"Anyway," Yor said, trying to change the topic. "You have school tomorrow, Anya. Let's go back home and rest so you'll be prepared." She smiled.

"Yay!" Anya beamed.

-

"128 park avenue, huh." Demetrius stared at them going home from his window.

-•''•-

8AM. EDEN SENIOR HIGHSCHOOL

"Hi Becky!" Anya ran up to her friend and gave her a hug.

"Hi..." Becky slightly pushed herself out of the hug.

"What's wrong?" Anya asked.

"It's just...I don't know..." Becky looked down.

"You can tell me anything, I'm your best friend," Anya put a hand on her shoulder.

'You can tell me anything because I'm your best friend, huh... well it's not like she didn't lie to me yesterday.' Becky removed Anya's hand from her shoulder.

'Wait...don't tell me-'

"Becky,-"

"Why did you try killing his brother for no reason? I really thought you had a better heart." Becky looked at Anya. And all she saw in Anya's eyes were dread.

"I-I do! But listen, I wasn't trying to-"

"Then what were you trying to do? Listen, Anya, I want to be your friend. But if you don't tell me the truth, our friendship..."

'If I tell Becky what truly happened, she'll know I'm a spy... but I can't risk that. I'll just walk away. I'm not attached to her anyway.'

Anya tried walking away, but her body didn't let her.

"Anya, it's fine if you don't tell me...but I'm just...scared you might try to... kill me too..." Becky said, looking down, her face full of sadness, and fear.

Anya put her hands on Becky's shoulders, "Wait! No, please, I won't ever try to do that to you. You're my best friend, I love you, and I will never, ever! Try to kill you! What happened was- a misunderstanding! Demetrius Desmond is a bad person, and-"

"My brother is not a bad person." Damian interrupted.

" Damian interrupted