CH. 25 - Tease

Please start playing this song at the sign where it says "-----=-=-=-=-=-----" For the best experience. Thank you!

-----------------------------------

Damian silently exited the room.

Okay.

She has another one already.

Well, to be honest, I deserve it.

But why is it only so painful now...?

He slowly walked out of the hospital, tears starting to blur his vision.

Anya, please, he's only using you...

He came to an abrupt halt, staring at the ground in reflection.

I have to go tell her. She can't be used by him,

He ran back to the hospital, and barged into her room, ignoring the call of the nurse at the counter.

SLAM!

He slammed the door open, "Anya! Don't fall for it! He's just trying to use you—!"

Anya looked his way, interrupting him. "He's not! He's honest!" She shouted in anger.

Arthur glanced at Anya in surprise, smiling. I could get used to this!

Damian couldn't believe his ears, he clenched his fists trying to contain his emotions. "Fine, if that's what you want! I only tried to warn you!" He closed the door harshly, and went outside, still out of breath from the marathon he ran.

Pulling a contact card out of his pocket, he dialed it into a random phone booth.

Dduuuduu...ddduuu.... went the dial of the phone.

"Hello?" Came the vinyl-like voice Damian had been waiting for.

"Iduna, I'll ask you one favor. Can you be my fake partner? I'll pay you for this," He said.

Silence was her only reply from the other side of the phone.

"Please, I'll pay you... let's see... 100 thousand. Is that enough?"

"Oh! Yes! Definitely! When do we start?" She asked greedily.

"Next week. Meet me outside the hospital, that's when she's getting discharged."

"She?" He could hear the suspicion in her tone. "Ugh, don't tell me it's that 'pinkie.'"

"It is." Damian flat out said, then ended the call with somehow, a feeling of relief.

*Click!*

It's ridiculous, but...

—0—

.NEXT WEEK.

-----=-=-=-=-----

Anya said her last goodbyes to the staff, and went out of the hospital arm in arm with Arthur.

Damian spotted her, and quickly turned to Iduna. "Quick! Pretend we're talking,"

"Oh, Damian boo~! I looove your perfume~," She said, sniffing his shirt weirdly.

Damian cringed. "What the heck are you doing!?" He whispered. "I asked you to pretend like we're talking!"

Iduna looked up at glared at him, "This'll work,"

Anya caught sight of them and a bolt of...

Wait, what was she feeling right now?

Let's see...