CH. 16 - Just for the mission

A short introductory chapter to the upcoming events in Chapter 17, but anyway thank you guys so much for 800+ views and your votes!!! ❤️

---'•'---

"Father, no! I'll avenge you!"

Demetrius shot up from his bed, panting.

It had been a week since Donovan Desmond was captured and thrown in jail, thanks to Twilight.

Demetrius couldn't stop thinking about it. He had been getting these dreams ever since his father was in jail.

And of course, he needed to have revenge.

So he went over to his father's place, opened up a secret drawer, and pulled out his emergency secret plans.

'P̶L̶A̶N̶S̶ ̶F̶O̶R̶ ̶W̶A̶R̶ ̶-̶ ̶D̶O̶N̶O̶V̶A̶N̶ ̶D̶E̶S̶M̶O̶N̶D̶

My plans for war have been found. My son, Demetrius, I have told you in the past to find this when necessary. Continue my legacy and make the world right.

PLAN 1:

Aboomdalakaka...blah...blah...twilight...blah...blah...wife...?...blah...'

"Don't worry father. You will be out of there very soon."

-'~'---

"Twilight, thank you for your cooperation, but I'm afraid you cannot do Operation Athene. You won't be doing some missions for quite a while. You've been working non-stop, and I think you need a break after over a dozen years." Sylvia said.

"No...work?" Twilight couldn't believe his ears.

"Yes, no work," Sylvia repeated.

"...Huh...?" He mumbled as he fainted.

"Oh dear."

-'•'---

"So, you want to become a spy?" Nightfall said.

"Yes, maam." The girl replied.

"You think you have what it takes? I don't even know why Handler assigned me to train you." Nightfall rolled her eyes.

"Hey," The girl pouted.

"What's your name anyway?"

"Agent Starlight." The girl smiled proudly.

'Agent Starlight, huh? She sounds like her father.' Nightfall thought.

"Alright, show me what you got." Nightfall got into stance.

"Roger," Starlight said.

Nightfall threw a kick at Starlight, but she dodged it and punched Nightfall's stomach instead, causing her to fly to the wall.

"Hah! I was just going easy on you, because you're Twilight's daughter..." Nightfall said as she wiped the blood on her face.

Nightfall got up, "I'll accept you as my student. But I won't go easy on you."

Starlight smirked. "You don't need to." She narrowed her eyes, "Don't worry, I'm not that good yet."

-

"So, what got you here in the hospital?" Sylvia asked as she sat down on a seat.

"Starlight." Nightfall responded.

"She's pretty strong, isn't she? She'll be assigned to Operation Athene." Sylvia smiled.

"Hm? Operation Athene?"

"Yes, Demetrius Desmond decided he wanted to walk in his father's footsteps. He's at Eden right now, posing as a professor to slowly reach Damian Desmond. Damian Desmond has been distant to his brother and his father ever since he learned about Donovan's plans for war. He only talks with his mother and butler Jeeves now. I have a feeling Demetrius is going to gaslight Damian into thinking he's good and slowly put the blame on him when he gets caught. Since Anya is an Eden student and also an agent at WISE, I've decided it's best for her to do this mission. Plus, her father is Twilight. And her mother taught her some pretty good fighting skills..." Sylvia chuckled.

"That'd probably be best. Also, where is Twilight? I haven't seen him for the last few days." Nightfall said.

"Oh? Well I made him have a break. I'm sure he's passed out somewhere by now." Sylvia laughed.

"Oh..."

'So Twilight isn't here. I wanted to see him today...' Nightfall looked down.

"Anyway, you have two weeks to train Starlight. There's a ball coming up in Eden and all the professors will be attending. I have word that Demetrius will attend too to avoid suspicion." Sylvia said.

"And don't mess her training up. This isn't a child's play. His plans for war are far much worse than his father's." Sylvia added as she left the room.

"Ok..."

-'•'---

"Mama, papa, I'm home," Anya announced.

Yor smiled her usual smile. "Welcome back, Anya!" She looked at her daughter carefully, "Why are you so bruised?"

"Ahh... you see mama...there was a cooking competition at school..." Anya laughed nervously.

"Ahh, alright then! Tidy yourself up now, I'll get some ointment." Yor smiled.

"Okay, thank you mama!" Anya skipped happily to her room.

'Two weeks to become strong, huh...I'll ask mama and papa to train me without being suspicious...'

---'x'---

A/N

Hi guys! Thank you so much for 800+ views, votes, and comments!

The next chapter will be a bit long (at least I hope it's long)

But I guess Anya is finally becoming a spy!

But anyway, thank you guys so much for reading my story and I'll be sure to post the next chapter soon!

- Alexa

Word count: 790