CH. 19 - I'm sorry

TW: Panic attack!

---

It had been weeks, and Damian hadn't returned to school. 

It had been weeks, and Damian was drowning in guilt.

It had been weeks, and Damian still hadn't been told about Anya's health improvement.

Swiiing. Went the door of his room. Though he lives in his dorm, he went back to his other house (not his father's house) – he couldn't handle the guilt of being in the same hallways where he killed her. It was quite a big house, though not bigger than his father's. It was around only 5,800 sqft. 

Screeeech. Went his front door. He stepped out to buy groceries.

Tip, tap, tip, tap. 

'I am Damian Desmond.'

Tip, tap, tip, tap. 

"Isn't that the Damian Desmond? He looks like a wreck! What happened?"

'I'm a powerful man, I don't let anyone step over me.'

"I heard he pushed a student in Eden Academy, but some say it was the student who was being clumsy and broke her head instead." 

"Oh, really,"

'Except...'

Tip, tap, tip, tap. 

'There's this girl,'

Clack! There went the salads.

'She's just...'

Clink! There went the vegetables. 

'Amazing.'

Bam! There went the blah.

'I don't–'

He dragged his basket to the cashier and placed it on the conveyor which was on the opposite side of where the cash register and scanner were.

'I don't even know why I'm in love with her.'

'She's just,'

'Her eyes,'

The cashier didn't acknowledge that Damian was there and didn't even spare a glance at him.

'Her hair,'

 She grabbed the basket angrily to the other side and harshly tossed the items into the scanner, throwing each item into a paper bag messily.

'Her personality,'

'Hah.'

'I just appreciate her being in my life.'

Damian rolled his eyes at the cashier's behavior, how rude...

'...But I can't say that now, can I...?'

The cashier finally looked up, glaring.