Chapter Four

Other than the riff off, Ingrid had only been to America twice. Once for the 2023 A Capella World Championships when she was only seven, and another time when she was fifteen for the 2031 World Championships. Both championships had been won by DSM. In fact, Das Sound Machine had been on a World Championship winning streak since 2021. Ingrid sure hoped they'd win again this year, (for the 13th consecutive year in a row.)

Ingrid followed her parents off the plane and into the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Ingrid had always loved America, it just felt so free and fun. She thought that she might want to even live there someday.

The next morning was the day of the riff off. After waking up in the hotel that DSM had rented out and going to breakfast at the hotel buffet (yum! Ingrid loved American food), the members of Das Sound Machine went back to their hotel rooms to change for the riff off. It was Ingrid's first time putting on the DSM uniform, which was, as always, mesh and leather. Ingrid put on her new uniform; it was a 3/4 sleeved cropped leather jacket with a long sleeved mesh shirt underneath, leather legging, black combat boots and lots and lots of eyeliner (even the boys wore eyeliner.)

DSM arrived at the riff off site one hour early so that they could practice. It seemed that another team had they same idea. The Barden Treble Makers had also came early to the empty pool where the riff off was being held. The rest of the team was already gathered in one corner of the empty pool. Ingrid was the last to jump in. She leap in, landing limberly, twelve feet down on the floor of the pool. Ingrid then started to walk over to the rest of Das Sound Machine. Suddenly someone knocked into her...