Chapter Twenty Five

Ingrid turned around, horrified to see that it was her father, Pieter. Kommissar was just behind him.

"Ingrid Calia!" Kommissar scolded, clearly upset, "How could you?"

"You deliberately disobeyed us!" Pieter added angrily, almost yelling.

"We told you you could never see him again!" Kommissar exclaimed.

"And now, not only have you disobeyed us, Ingrid Calia Krämer, but you lied and went behind our backs, too!" Pieter put in frustratedly.

"Mom, Dad, I'm..." Ingrid panicked, trying to apologize, but Pieter interrupted her.

"Don't even talk to us right now, Ingrid, we are both extremely disappointed in you" he said.

"And as for you, tiny-mouse-offspring" Pieter said, looking Noah straight in the eyes, "You will never talk to or see my daughter ever again, do you understand."

Noah just sat there stunned. For a moment, he felt as if he was going to cry. He simply nodded 'yes' in agreement with Pieter.

"Good" Kommissar told Noah, "We better not hear from you ever again."

"Now, c'mon Ingrid, we're leaving" Pieter said in an angry tone, pulling Ingrid forcefully from her seat and leading her away from Noah.

Ingrid and her parents walked further and further away from Noah. When her parents were not looking, Ingrid waved goodbye to him and blew a kiss. They continued to wave at each other until they could no longer see each other among the hustle and bustle of the airport. And little did they know that this would the last time they'd see each other for a very long while...