Chapter Twenty Four

After the riff off was finished, Ingrid met Noah in the nicest restaurant the airport had to offer. To make sure that her parents wouldn't be suspicious, Ingrid's good friend Astrid Bauer, another member of DSM, had came to dinner along with her and Noah. Ingrid had lied her parents and said that she was just going to dinner with Astrid, no one else. Ingrid trusted Astrid and made her promise not to tell Kommissar and Pieter that Ingrid was meeting Noah.

Ingrid and Noah sat at a table where they could view all of the airport's commotion. Astrid sat at a faraway table reading a book.

"Ingrid Krämer, it's so good to see you" Noah said, giving Ingrid a quick kiss.

"Yeah, it's wonderful to see you too, Noah" Ingrid shared.

"I wish we could see each other more often" Noah replied longingly.

"Same" Ingrid agreed, "Too bad I live halfway across the world."

"Yeah" Noah said, scooting his chair over right next to Ingrid, "Just so you know, Ingrid Krämer, I love you very much."

"I love you too."

Noah then leaned in and they shared a slow, long kiss. Ingrid could have let this kiss go on forever; but just then, someone tapped her on the shoulder and interrupted it...