Chaptr Sixteen

"So, anyway, Noah, I hope you understand" Ingrid said, finishing her explanation of what she was doing in Atlanta all by herself.

"Ingrid Krämer, of course I understand, and I'm glad you came to me, I mean, I'm not so glad you ran away, but...yeah, glad you came to visit me, it's a nice surprise" Noah replied.

"Yeah, I'm happy to be with you" Ingrid agreed, twirling a strand of her blonde hair around her finger.

"Hey, do you wanna kiss again?" he asked, scooting closer to Ingrid and leaning in as if he already knew the answer.

Ingrid nodded silently, smiling. Noah leaned in further and they kissed for nearly a minute until Ingrid quickly jerked away.

"Ingrid Krämer, what's wrong?" Noah asked urgently.

"Don't worry, it's nothing wrong with our kiss, I just... I remembered something" Ingrid explained.

"What?"

"Well, Noah, your parents will be home from work later today, what are we going to tell them? If they know that I ran away, they'll call my parents and I'll have to go back to Germany. I can't face my mom yet, at least not for a few days or so" Ingrid said, worried.

"Okay, Ingrid Krämer, I feel bad about lying to my parents, but we can tell them that, ummm... you dropped by for a visit and your parents are in... ummm... Alabama for the week and they let you stay here" Noah suggested.

"Well, okay" Ingrid agreed, "It's not like I could think of a better plan."

"Okay then" Noah said, nodding, "Anyway, do you want to finish that kiss?"

"Definitely."

That evening, at six o'clock, Noah's parents got home from work. His dad worked as a movie reviewer and got to spend the whole day watching movies and writing reviews of them; Noah's mom managed her own music producing business called Pitch Perfect Industries. Ingrid and Noah had made dinner for the family and were in the middle of setting the table when Noah's parents returned home. Jesse put his briefcase down on the counter, greeted Noah and Ingrid, and then asked what Ingrid was doing there. At first Noah hesitated, and then he told the lie...