Chapter Fifteen

It was seven o'clock in the morning when the train arrived in Atlanta. Ingrid knew her parents were probably awake by now, they were probably worried beyond comprehension. For the first time since she'd ran away, Ingrid felt slightly guilty. But, she felt excited, this was her first time away from home without her parents. Ingrid unboarded the OceanTrain and she took a cab to Noah's house.

The cab pulled up to Noah's big white house, Ingrid tipped the driver and then walked cautiously up to the pine green front door. Ingrid then realized that Noah wasn't aware that she was coming, she was nervous about what he'd think of her just dropping in. Would he even be home? Reluctantly, she knocked. Inside, Ethan raced to the door after hearing the doorbell, "I'll get it, I'll get it!"

"No, I'll get it" Grant yelled, pushing his brother out of the way.

Grant opened the door, revealing Ingrid.

"Umm... Ethan some random girl's at the door" Grant hollered.

"Grant" Alexis said, entering, "That's not a random girl, that's Ingrid Krämer, remember. Hi Ingrid! Come in."

Ingrid was ushered inside by Alexis and closed the door behind her.

"NOAH!" Alexis called, "Noah! You're girlfriend is here!"

"What?" Noah replied in confusion from upstairs, "What is Ingrid Krämer doing here?"

Noah hurried downstairs still in his pajamas.

"Oh my God, Ingrid Krämer, I missed you, what are you doing here!" Noah asked giving her a hug.

"Well, Noah, it's a long story, let's go upstairs and talk alone" Ingrid began...

Ingrid and Noah hurried up the wooden stairs to Noah's bedroom which was painted navy blue and had clothes all over the floor. Noah and Ingrid got settled on Noah's tan leather couch and Ingrid told him what was going on...