Chapter Eleven

Ingrid was now laying on her stomach on her bed. She unlocked her phone using the voice activated password, a new feature on the iPhone 12S. She was happy to see Noah's text, she hadn't heard from him since that night in the park a few days prior. She read what he had written, "ʜɪ ɪɴɢʀɪᴅ ᴋʀᴀᴍᴇʀ , ʜᴏᴡ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ."

"ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ʜᴏᴡ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ? ɪ ᴍɪss ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴛᴡ" Ingrid texted back, smiling.

"ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏᴏ ❤, sᴏ ʜᴏᴡs ʟɪғᴇ ᴏɴ ᴅsᴍ?" Noah replied.

"ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ɪs ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ ɪɴᴛᴇɴsᴇ, ᴍᴏᴍ ɪs ᴏʙsᴇssɪɴɢ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs ɪɴ a ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ" Ingrid answered.

"ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴇʙʟᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ! ᴡᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀɴɢᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ." Noah suggested.

"ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟʟʏ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅs ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ <3" Ingrid agreed.

"ᴀᴡᴇsᴏᴍᴇ! ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs ᴛɪʟ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ" Noah replied.

Ingrid was glad that Noah wasn't there to see her blush. She couldn't wait to be reunited with him in just a bit more than a month. Just then, footsteps outside of her bedroom door interrupted Ingrid's moment of bliss.

"Ingrid, what are you up to?" her mom asked from outside of Ingrid's room.

"Um, nothing" Ingrid replied trying to sound as believable as possibly.

Her mom had just been talking about 'Tiny Maus' this morning at breakfast, Ingrid knew Kommissar would be less than pleased to know that Ingrid was texting Beca's son. Then, without warning, Kommissar walked into the room.

"Ingrid, whenever you say nothing, it's always something" Kommissar insisted, "Let me see your phone."

"Mom, I promise, I'm not up to anything!" Ingrid assured, holding her phone far away from her mom.

"Ingrid Calia! Do you think I'm stupid? Now I know you're up to something! Give me that phone this instant!" Kommissar yelled.

Ingrid handed her phone reluctantly over to Kommissar...