Part 2

Paige POV

Here again. 2nd year, im so excited to be back. I miss my girls and shooting the ball. it's not like i didn't play over the summer but i miss being in the actual gym.

i got to the campus early to meet up with azzi and nika to hit some weights before going to 'practice' it was more like a meeting. seeing all the new and old players and just talking about the upcoming season.

i've been a little stressed lately because i found out one of my ex's (my most toxic) will be transferring over to UCONN. i just got away from her senior year now she's back.

i make it to my dorm and smell vanilla. yup azzi made it just before me. "azzi?" i called out into the dorm/apartment. "here!" she called out from her room.

"hey bestie!" she said walking up to me and giving me a hug. "hey az, how're you?" i asked hugging her back.

"good good, ready to get back on that b-ball grind yk?" she said hopping from left to right making me laugh. "yea i know what you mean. you see nika yet?" i said walking towards my room.

"nope, not yet. she said she's going to see someone idk. she seemed really nervous over the phone." she came in my room and hopped on my bed.

"you ready to hit some weights?" i said changing into a muscle shirt and some basketball shorts with some slides grabbing some extra shoes to work out in plus my UCONN jacket.

"yea, i'll js text nika to meet us there." i nodded throwing my hair into a ponytail and walking out of the door with azzi following behind me.

"i never asked you, how was your summer?" she said bumping my shoulder. i shrugged my shoulders. "it was good, got to spend time with the family. beat some of them in basketball." i said laughing

"uh, till i got some ugly news." i said cringing. she stopped and looked at me. "what..? what you hear? what happened?" she asked in a panic

"uh Melissa is transferring...here..to UCONN." i said wincing and closing my eyes. it was silent like you could hear a pen drop. doesn't even matter if the floor was carpet.

the silence was cut by a voice. "hey guys, i thought y'all was already at the gym..?" nika said walking up sensing the tension. "what happened..?" she said looking between me and azzi.

"paige..." azzi said in a serious deadly tone. "tell me you're lying...like rn say sike" i could tell she was close to blowing up.

azzi and i got wayyy back. since middle school way back. yea that's a like a decade. she was there whenever melissa did what she did. she was there when i tried to uh, cope let's say. she was there through it all.

i know she hates melissa more than anyone, and she lets it be known that she hates her. it was a scary, angry, tiring, sad time when everything went down. i don't ever think i could get into another relationship.

"haha...no, she's coming" i said taking a step back from her knowing how she'll react. i saw her eye twitch before she turned around a blew a frustrated breath.

i looked over at nika and saw how confused she was. "what the fuck is going on?" she said looking at me.

"melissa's coming... she's transferring here." i said in a scared/sad tone. i saw her whole mood drop. "you're fucking kidding!" she said almost yelling.

yea nika knows everything too. last year azzi and i grew close to her. we told her everything when she saw my scars. they're fully healed now so you can only notice them when you're really up close. let's just say even though she only found out last year she hates melissa just as much as azzi.