Part 12

Paige POV

Bro i was so glad i could make it Violet's game. she was doing so good and so were the rest of the girls. well everyone except melissa. she wasn't setting violet up, it was like she was avoiding setting her up.

i didn't know violet knew melissa but i don't like it. melissa doesn't even know i know violet and yet she already hates her.

anyways it's the last set. we've won two and they won two now we just gotta get this last set to win. the other team took a time out and the score was 13-10. we just needed 2 more points to call it game.

it was issa's turn to serve. she did her first one and the other team wasn't able to receive. The second one came and they were able to get it up.

they went to spike causing bre and violet to go up and block. I'm like on the edge of my seat, this is so nerve wrecking.

bre and violet tried to block but it slipped right through their fingers. 'fuck' i thought. i look over at azzi and nika from my peripheral vision and see them sitting exactly like me. i giggle a little and see jess save the ball from hitting the ground. i get up from my seat a little.

issa is setter and so i see her and violet make eye contact before she sets violet up. it's like everything slowed down as i watched violet jump up and hit the ball.

she spikes it over and me along with other people stand hoping to get the outcome we want. they weren't able to get it and shanked it into the stains.

our student section in thrown into a fit of cheers. i decide to yell out and let myself be known. "WOOOOO! GO VIOLET!" i said cupping my hands around my mouth to sound louder.

she looked over at us and laughed throwing her head back. then she blew us, well me a kiss and i dramatically fell onto azzi clutching my heart.

"get your ass off me!" azzi laughed. i giggled and ran to the end of the bleachers to give them a high five. azzi and nika followed along.

as they were about to walk down the tunnel, violet saw us and giggled before high fiving us along with bre, jess, and issa.

issa stopped though and gave nika a kiss to which her teammates cheered and teased her. i laughed and pushed on nika's shoulders. "bold ass" azzi said from the other side of me.

after awhile we were waiting by their locker room waiting with coach geno. "thanks again guys for coming, i know it meant a lot to them to see you guys in the stains." he said giving all of us a happy smile.

"wouldn't miss it for the world. we've all grown close to them and love and care for them very much" i said back leaning against the wall.

he nodded, "well i'm gonna go wait outside, any of y'all coming?" he asked. i shake my head same with the other two. he nodded before walking off.

after awhile some of the girls come out, we congratulated them. i was all smiley and excited to see my girl that doesn't know she's my girl but really isn't my girl (violet) that was until the person i didn't want to see stepped out with a scowl on her face.

she looked up and smiled bright while my smile instantly dropped. azzi and nika stepped up closer towards me. "hey good game melissa but imma need you to keep steppin'" azzi said crossing her arms looking her up and down in disgust.

she rolled her eyes. "can i just talk to paige for like 5 minutes?" they both look at me and i just sit there. i don't want to give her a chance to come back into my life but i need closure so i nod my head.

azzi doesn't seem to like that answer but she nods before nika gives me a hug then azzi after. she whispers in my ear, "if she so much as touches you i'm breaking both her fucking hands, got it?" she said in a scary tone.