Part 3

Violet POV

It was the next day and those blue eyes are still stuck in my head. i don't know bro, they seem so happy but lost at the same time. i wanna know her and be there but that sounds weird.

i just woke up and made my way to the restroom to shower and get ready for practice. I finished up walking back to my room after brushing my teeth.

i threw on some volleyball shorts and a white oversized UCONN shirt. I put a little mascara on and some lip balm. I was gonna go with a bun up i just did a pony before doing my edges.

i walked to the kitchen and made Issa and I some breakfast. i was just about done when issa came in sitting at the bar dressed and ready for practice. "morning issa, here's your breakfast." i said putting her plate down.

"thanks Vi, see this is why i need you in my life yk? cooking and being the best person you are" she said stuffing her mouth making me laugh.

"mmm hjve i tuld yoe hew good of a cuuk yoe are?" she said almost choking. i laughed. "hey be careful issa, don't choke and yes you have. you say it every time i cook for you"

i finished up deciding to make a quick smoothie, giving one to issa before grabbing my bag and making my way out the door.

it takes us about 10 minutes to drive to the gym and like 20 to walk. "wanna drive or walk?" i asked once we made it out the building.

"drive" i nodded and started walking to my car or well truck. i love my truck no one tops my truck i don't care.

"want aux?" i asked once we made it in the car. she nodded quickly taking my phone and playing rnb music. i laughed at her and jammed out.

we made it to the gym and put our stuff down and put our shoes on. there were other's here so we weren't late thank god.

"heyyyy" i heard jess say. "hey jess, how're you?" i asked hugging her. "all good, all good. missed you guys." she said smiling.

"where are the other 2?" i ask finishing up tying my shoes. "in the locker room. they though they were running late and came in with their pajamas. practice clothes in their bags" she said shaking her head.

i laughed. "yup seems like brenna and ayva" just as i finshed they both walked up. "heyyy we were just talking about y'all two!" i said hugging them.

they huffed. "yea i bet y'all were teasing us cause we thought we were late." brenna said. i giggled a little. "we lowkey were bre but it's fine."

"yea yea y'all are just rude." ayva said making all of us laugh. we fell into conversation when coach walked in.

"alright ladies! it's time for practice! before we start giving me 3 laps around the gym!" everyone got up and started jogging around the gym.

me in front of everyone. once we were done coach called us into a huddle. "alright, we have a couple new people so it's gonna be a light practice to show the newbies the ropes. then we can start with the more hardcore practices alright?" we all replied with a yes ma'am

the newbies introduced themselves then us older players introduced ourselves and began practice.

we just worked on our serves and setting. nothing too bad. "ladies! ladies! these serves are not going over! what's going on?!" coach said stressed.

"y'all's rent putting your weight into your jumps and aren't hitting them correctly! Violet! show them the correct form." she said.

of course it's me. she always goes for me. i'm not the only one that does it right. i mean all my serves go over yes but still.

i walk over to the line and back up getting in my form. "y'all see that? y'all see how straight her arm is? right hand to the face with a locked elbow? now serve violet.

i ran throwing the ball up and jumped hitting the ball over. "see, now! i wanna see better serves tomorrow. that'll be it for now, go get some rest." she said walking out.

"hey good serves" i heard a transfer sophomore say. i think her name was melina. "no they weren't, she's just lucky. she has like zero talent." another transfer said. melissa..? idk.

"aye, watch ya mouth newbie. i ain't see any of your servers go over so you don't have the right to talk." issa said quickly before me. i held her shoulder and shook my head.

"it's fine issa, everyone has their opinions it doesn't matter. but uh marissa-" she cut me off. "melissa."

"right anyways marissa, you do have the right to your own opinion but i don't really wanna know nor hear it so with that being said please just keep it to yourself." i finished smiling at her before walking over to my bag.

i heard her scoff and walk off. "ugh, i hate newbies sometimes. she's lucky you're nice or i would've fought her for real." issa said. i laughed at her.

"let's not do that please." i took my shoes off and put some sweats on and put my crocs on. then throwing my hair into a bun. grabbing my bag.

"whatever, i can tell she's gonna be a pain in the ass this season." she said making the other girls nod. "yea, it's giving pick me." ayva said making all of us laugh.

"hey y'all wanna hang out and get sorting to eat?" bre said. "i'm down" jess said back as we walked out the gym.

"actually i'm meeting up with someone. i mean she said i can bring some friends if y'all wanna go?" issa said. i snapped my head towards her. "is it nika?" i asked smirking lifting my eyebrows up and down.

"yes it is, and what about it?" she replied blushing. "i'll go!" i said excitedly. i'm going for two things, three maybe. to finally meet the girl that my bestie is head over whale for, free food, and the chance to see blue eyes again.

lord her eyes were so pretty, she was so pretty. "yea i guess we'll go too" ayva said.

"my truck?" i asked walking to it. "or you guys bring y'all's cars?" they shook their heads walking to my truck. "alright i guess my truck it is" i hopped in the drivers seat.

"where to?" i asked issa. she put the address into my gps, i pulled out of the parking lot following the directions. "so how long have you been talking to this girl issa?" bre asked from the back.

"uhh like july. it just started out as a friendly conversation. then she started flirting and told me she liked me. i told her i'm not the type to jump into a relationship like that and she said she can wait and just court me till i'm ready." she said shyly and blushing.

making all of us coo. "aweeeee! that's so fucking cute!" jess said screaming. "it is jess, that's good issa. we're glad you found someone that'll respect you and love you for who you are." bre said patting issa's shoulder.

i smiled at them pulling into the parking lot. it was a smallish café just a couple of miles from the university. "ooo this is cutee" i said getting out waiting for everyone and locking my truck.

"yea, they said they're here so we can just go in" issa said. "was they..? like multiple girls...? like blue eyes could be in there? wait i don't look presentable! i look like a fucking bum! omg my hair isn't fixed! i'm gonna cryyyy" i said whining about to get back in the truck before issa grabbed me.

"uhh context please?" jess said. issa rolled her eyes before explaining. "Vi here went to go see her uncle yesterday and meet the girls basketball team. she saw this girl with blue eyes. doesn't know her name and has like a big crush on her"

"don't forget tall with blonde hair with the most gorgeous face i have EVER SEEN!" i said gripping her shoulders. once again she looked at me like i was crazy. "right and all of those things. vi, you look fine babes no need to worry."

she held my face patting my cheeks before letting go and dragging me to the café. "now! let us go inside!" she said.

we walked into the café looking around for nika and her friends. then once again i made eye contact with thoe beautiful ass blue eyes. i swear if you look close enough you could see me blushing.

my face was so HOT. she was so HOT. omg she's in a muscle shirt. i'm gonna die. okay okay violet, you're okay just act cool. you don't even know if she's gay. breathe breathe, okay let's go.