Part 17

Violet POV

I don't know how long I was knocked out for but I'm well rested. I lean up from paige's shoulder and look over at her. She just smiles at me and goes back to being on her phone.

I was just about to pull out mine to check the time when Uncle G spoke up. "Well ladies, we're about 5 minutes away from the volleyball game! I want all of you on your best behavior and support the huskies loud and proud okay?!" he finished to which everyone cheered.

I laughed a little and sat all the way up looking down the aisle. Well the was till someone popped up in my view. "Hi Im KK, im a freshman here!" she said putting her hand out to me.

I was a little surprised but shook her hand and smiled anyways. "Violet, I'm pretty sure you already knew that." I said slightly giggling. She nodded her head in agreement.

"Yea of course! the best right side hitter UConn has had in a while! I've watched a lot of your games. You're a goat might I add." she said with so much enthusiasm which made me smile wide and laugh.

"Well thank you KK, that means a lot. I'll be sure to watch out for you during y'all's scrimmages this week." I said back patting her shoulder. She smiled and shook her head at me.

"aye! watch ya self KK, that's paige's girl!" I head Ice yell out from the middle of the bus. My eyes grew wide as almost everyone cheered and teased us. I look over at paige and see her blushing while putting her head in her hands.

"Look what you did Ice! Now paige is embarrassed and all shyyyy!" Aubrey said leaning over the top of the seat to mess with paige's hair. She groaned and swatted her hand away.

Everyone laughed once again before going back to minding their business. We finally pulled up to the game and i hopped up so fast. The second the bus was parked I sprinted off and inside.

I saw the girls watching the other team warm up and there was about 3 minutes left. "OMG VIIII!" Issa said running over to me. I opened my arms and let her jump into them.

I know i was mean to them earlier but damn they're my best friends and i missed them so much. "Hey issa, hey guys" i said smiling at all of them.

"How're you feeling? I'm sad you can't play tonight" Ayva said patting my shoulder. I shrugged before responding. "I'm all good, well rested just need to eat something later. I'm also sad to not play tonight but I will be here to support and cheer." i finished pulling her into a side hug.

"Yea you and those hotties over there" jess said looking over my shoulder. I turned to look and saw the women's basketball team walking in. and surprise surprise I made eye contact with paige...once again. Also surprise surprise melissa attempted to run over to her and give her a hug.

Let's just say azzi didn't really allow that one to slide. In fact, Nika and Ice held her back cause she looked ready to attack. Lord I love azzi so much!

I waved at them and turned back to the girls. "Okay ladies it's time for y'all to do serves." I said turning them and pushing them back to the court. They all boo'ed but walked back to the court.

I turn back towards the basketball girls. "Okay, I've been told that there's a section at the back of the bleachers for you guys. I'll lead y'all over" i said smiling at them. They all nodded and followed after me.

We made it to the section and they all sat down. I was about to leave back to the court when Uncle G pulled me into a hug. "I'm glad to see you smiling and laughing niecey."He whispered into my ear to which i smiled back.

i jogged back down to the court just as they were finishing up. "okay listen up ladies! this is an important game, we don't have vi today so i hope everyone can play their roll! let's get this win for her and show out for the women's basketball team! huskies on 3! 1! 2! 3!"

"HUSKIES!" we all cheered and they went to the back line to wish good luck to the other team. after they were done all the girls went in a huddle without coach in the middle.

of course i joined in. "okay ladies, i believe in y'all, go whoop their ass and show those basketball females what you're made of!" i said making all the girls cheer and break out the huddle.

I went back to the bench and sat next to coach. "hey just to let you know, i heard about everything that happened and just know that, that coach is no longer with us okay?" she said turning towards me slightly. i smiled and nodded before looking back at the court.
—————-
Paige POV

I'm so glad to see violet smiling again. I know that she's slowly getting used to me again but i'm glad that we're going somewhere.

I was smiling at her as she was damn there taking over her coaches job. "yk, im rooting for y'all?" i heard coach G say. i turn to him confused.

"hmm?" he smiled and shook his head. "Violet told me everything that happened between y'all and just know that i'm rooting for y'all and I hope y'all end up together." he finished parting my shoulder.

i chuckled lightly before turning back to watch the game. so far we've won 2 sets and now they're on the third. Sadly we're losing this one, it's 20-15. I can tell violet is getting frustrated.

"you're staring hard bro!" i heard someone tease me in my ear. i turned and saw kk and ashlynn cheesing real hard at me. i rolled my eyes at them.

"yk, if you want i could help you get her" kk said lifting her eyebrows at me. i was going to answer but was cut off. "trust me kk, we've already tried, she's a pussy and doesn't wanna do it" ice said from my left.

i snapped my head at her and looked offended. "what?! i am not! i just uh...i just don't wanna force her yk?" i said scratching my neck and looking away. they all and i mean ALL stared at me like I was stupid.

Then they simultaneously laughed. i sighed in defeat before turning back to the game. We lost the set so it's on to the 4th one. Which has already started and we're winning thank god.

"i could get you guys a room together." i heard coach say. i quickly look at him cause wtf does he mean by that. i guessing he saw my confusion and elaborated. "we're all staying in the same hotel. I could talk to her coach and see if i can get some stuff arranged."

i was speechless utterly speechless. "i mean if that's something you would want to do. I'm not gonna force you paige." i shook my head before answering.

"no no that's seems fine, yea that'll work." i finished making the girls around me 'oooo' which just made me roll my eyes.

"someone's inloveeeee" azzi said from beside me. i pushed her back slightly before shaking my head once again.

i felt my cheeks heat up as i looked back at violet just to see her smiling up at the bleachers. gosh her smile is so fucking pretty. she did a tiny wave, i don't know if it was towards me so i pointed at myself just to be sure.

you wanna know what happened..? she laughed and nodded. she waved at me...she initiated communication, OMG SHE WAVED AT ME! i was stunned for a second and i guess azzi could tell and bumped my shoulder.

i came back to my senses. i blushed even more before smiling and waving back.

i'm getting closer and closer to have her back. i know it's a long shot but it's so fucking worth it.

i'm coming violet auriemma, i promise i'll do better.