Part 16

Violet POV

I woke up in the hospital...again. Why does this keep happening. I'm sick and tired of waking up in this shitty ass hospital.

I sit up and look around the room. I was hoping to see her...paige but she was nowhere to be seen. i sighed and plopped back down.

I'm pretty sure everyone heard and woke up. The first person to say something was Isabella. "what the fuck violet! why'd you lie to me about your blood sugar?!" she said getting up off the couch.

"wait..did you even eat yesterday?" bre asked next. "Yea that's a good question bre, im wondering the same thing." jess added.

"i don't care if she ate im worried about how she is now...you good babes?" ayva asked. i started mumbling. everyone kept talking over each other. some to me and some to each other.

"i'm fine...hey i'm fine...I SAID IM FINE!" i finally yelled out. i sighed heavily. "just...everyone get out. please just everyone leave." they all hesitated before leaving.

i hate being here. i feel like i'm trapped and can't get out. i'm laying here just staring at the ceiling when someone walks in. "didnt i say get ou-" i looked up and saw my uncle.

"hey niecey" he said lowly smiling at me. i send him a slight smile back. "hey Uncle G" he sighed before taking a seat by my bed side. "listen kid, i know it's stressful and annoying to be here. But you can't keep pushin people away okay?" i nod my head looking down.

"They said you'll be able to get discharged today. I know you have an away game and the girls have already left but here's the thing." shit i forgot about our game!

"the basketball team has a couple of scrimmages coming up around the same area as y'all's game. so i talked to your coach. she said i can take you with the basketball team. you won't be able to play today but you'll make it in time to support the girls" i let out a sigh.

"when will y'all's scrimmages be?" i asked him. "tomorrow and the day after. i believe y'all's coach will let you guys stay to support us." i smiled excited.

i loved watching basketball especially my uncles team. it's very entertaining. i just nod my head showing him i've acknowledged what he said. "right well let me go get you discharged and we can hop on the bus." he said getting up.

"wait...what about my clothes?" i said worried. "oh issa and the other 3 already got your stuff, you're all good" i smiled and nodded my head. he smiled back and walked out.

i was sitting there waiting for him to come back when someone else walked in. paige...fuck am i ready to talk to her again? "hey sweet girl, how're you doing?" fuck i felt my throat close up.

i swallowed hard before responding. "uh-wha- i'm good yea, feeling better. thanks." i said looking down. i felt my cheeks heat up. i heard her walk closer.

she sighed as she sat down. "that's good, i was worried you know? both times" i look at her confused for a second till it clicked in my head about the first time.

"ah, yea...i'm better now, uh yea" she smiled at me. she looked down at my hand and hesitantly grabbed it. i let her, i know i shouldn't have but being able to hold her hand again felt nice. "so you're going on the road with us?"

i was looking down at our hands, slowly playing with her fingers. so instead of verbally answering i just nod my head to which she chuckled a little. i look back up at her...making eye contact.

she was getting ready to say something when my uncle walked in. "hey girls, we gotta head back to the campus. everyone is already there and ready to head out." paige nodded and got up.

"you good to walk?" he asked and i just nodded. "what's going on between you and paige?" he asked. got damn why does this man have to be so damn observant.

i rolled my eyes and got out the bed. "nothing un-" he shook his head. "don't lie to me violet rose, i can tell something's going on." i sighed walking out the room. "i'll tell you everything on our way back to the campus okay?" i said back. he squinted his eyes at me but reluctantly nodded his head.

"hey i'm gonna go on and head over since i drove here. i'll see you guys back at the campus." paige said making uncle G and i nodded and smiled which made her smile back. she walked over and gave me a hug. a much needed hug might i add. i hugged her back melting into her arms.

shit violet don't get your hopes up again she's just being nice. she let go, smiled one more time before walking out the door. "and you were about to say nothings going on between you guys...yea sure..." Uncle G whispered in my ear teasingly. i push him away and rolled my eyes which made him laugh.

we walked out towards his car. on our way back to the campus i told him everything and let's just say he's routing for piolet, i don't know bruh this man came up with that ship name on the spot.

we made it back to the campus at the bus parking lot. we hopped out and climbed onto the bus. i guess i really haven't been out cause everyone that knew me or knew of me cheered when i stepped onto the bus. "what about me?" Uncle G said raising his hands in the air.

to tease him everyone stopped and stared at him. this made his jaw drop and made everyone laugh. "viiii, i haven't seen you in so longgg!" azzi said getting up to hug me. I smiled and hugged her back.

"i know, i missed all of you guys. I'm sorry for being distant lately." i said sadly which made her pull back and hold my face looking very serious may i add. "you do not need to apologize, you needed your time. we're glad you're back" she said back with a big smile.

i just laughed and nodded my head. "where do i sit?" i asked looking around. "everyone already chose their seat mates sooo you got paige buckets back there" nika said pointing to the back.

i look over and seen her shyly sitting there. i smiled a little and made my way over. "hey p" i said quietly looking at her. she turned to look at me, her cheeks turning a slight pink shade. "hey  sweets girl."

i shake my head and lean back in the chair. after awhile the bus pulled off. i was sitting there just listening to my surroundings.

i began to feel tired and my eyes kept closing but i didn't want to fall asleep just yet. paige noticed me dozing off and tapped my shoulder. i looked over at her with tired eyes.

she patted her shoulder signaling me to lay on it. "are you sure?" i asked concerned. she just smiled and nodded her head. so i obliged and layed my head on her shoulder.

i began to slowly drift off into deep slumper. "i missed you so much violet, you don't understand" paige whispered in my ear while she ran her fingers through my hair.

i smiled softly and snuggled into her more. a little bit of delusion can pass through just for a little. so i fell asleep with a smile on my face. a smile that was caused my the one and only paige bueckers.