Part 18

Violet POV

We just finished the game and came out with the win. I'm so proud of these girls because they were able to play and win without me and also show off for the women's basketball team.

After the girls were changed and ready to go we all walked out to the busses. I spotted our coach talking to uncle G and walked over.

"hey guys, the girls are hungry. Are we gonna head over to get something to eat before going to the hotel?" i asked leaning on my uncle.

they both looked at each other before nodding. "yea we're going to head to a buffet place not to far from here and then head over to the hotel." my coach said.

i nod and jog over to the girls that are now surrounded by the women's basketball team. I slide in next to issa and tap her shoulder. "okay so we're going to a buffet place then to the hotel." i said smiling.

she nodded before throwing her arm over my shoulder. we all just stood there talking waiting for the busses. every now and then I would glance over at paige cause why not.

And every single time she either is already looking at me or looks over at me after i look at her. so as of right now i'm beat red.

the busses finally pull up and like both teams just split up. It was weird, but i guess some of the volleyball girls went on the basketball bus and some of the basketball girls came on the volleyball bus.

but surprise surprise, paige and her lil group came on our bus. So it's me, issa, bre, jess, ayva, paige, azzi, ice, aubrey, and nika. then some of the other volleyball girls.

we decided to sit in the back to continue talking. i don't know how i was convinced but i ended up sitting next to paige once again. this time though i was by the window sooo i had to kind of lean over her to continue talking.

"noooo! vi, you remember that time last year when your hair got caught in one of the lockers in the locker room?!" ayva said from infront of me. i gasped so loud and quickly leaned over paige.

i almost fell but she causing me by my waist. i wasn't really thinking about it cause ayva did not have to violate me like that.

"a! you said you wouldn't bring it up again! that was so bad omg, i almost thought i lost a big ass chunk of my hair!" everyone started laughing at me even paige.

i turned to look at her from leaning on her or well damn there on her lap. her laugh is so cute and the way she slightly turns red when she laughs. bro does she have slight freckles?!

i don't know how long i was staring but she was staring back just smiling at me. everyone else went back to taking so we were just having our own little moment. "you good sweet girl?" she asked brushing someone my baby hairs back.

all i could mumble out was 'mhm' while still staring at her. fuck i was staring at her for so long when i finally got out of my trance we were already at the buffet place.

when i tell you i hopped up so fast. i zoomed out of the bus once it came to a stop. i seen uncle G and ran to him to have a little rant. "UNCLE G!" i said damn there crashing into him.

he looked shocked but caught me before i fell once again. "woahhh slow down buttercup, what's wrong?" i had to catch my breath for two reasons.

1. im nervous and flustered as hell
2. because i'm those two things it made running a little tough.

anyways moving on. i explained to him what happened and how i totally embarrassed myself by staring at her. he just laughed at me. he laughed! "listen niecey, yall like each other so for you to do that will make her just as flustered. calm down."