Part 24

Violet POV

It's been a couple of weeks since paige asked me out. She hasn't texted or anything letting me know what's up. I'm getting kinda nervous now cause what if she decided she doesn't want to go.

I've been sitting here for the past hour staring at my phone waiting for a text. I mean i get it we're both busy with sports and what not. So far our volleyball team is undefeated and i'm back better than ever.

that's besides the point. i'm freaking out over here. issa walked in and looked at me confused. "uhh bestie, what's uh what's going on..?" she came and sat across from me.

"i'm waiting" i said not looking up from my phone. "uhh for what sweetie...? paige?" she set her hand on my knee making me look up. i pout slightly and nod my head.

"oh girly..." she said trailing off. "i know i know but it's been so long since she's texted me. what if she doesn't wanna go anymore! i've seen her around campus and i know she's seen me too but hasn't said anything!" i said tearing up a little.

i huffed and throw myself back onto my bed. "i know sweetie but you cant just sit here and wait for a text." issa says laying next to me.

we sat there talking for about an hour when we hear a phone go off. "check your phone hurry" i said annoyed she got a text and i didn't. "uhh bestie...that wasn't my phone" she says tapping my thigh.

i shoot up from my laying position and grab my phone. i gasp out loud and throw my hand over my mouth and turn the phone to isabella. "look!" paige texted me, it was a pretty long paragraph but she texted me.

i open the text and read it. the text says:

hey vi just wanted to let you know that you're ugly and i've never liked you. you were just someone that i chose to entertain until i got melissa back. she's the love of my life and will always be the love of my life. i don't know what you thought we had but there's nothing there. it's funny actually 😭 you're so pathetic thinking you had a CHANCE?! omg, good bye you ugly piece of shit! ahahahaha!

i just sat there staring at the text. i felt like i was gonna cry but then i got a text from nika...it was a video. "hey what she say? what's wrong?" issa asked trying to look over my shoulder.

i shrug her off and open nika's text. "hey why'd my girl texting..? what's going on violet?!" my best friend says in a frustrated tone. "just give me a second damn, i think i just got my heart broken again." i say in a monotone making issa look at me with wide eyes.

"what..? please don't tell me i heard you say what you just said." i nod not saying anything just opening up nika's text. there were three different videos.

i open the first video and watch as someone probably nika watching melissa from afar text on someone's phone. it looks like paige's...cause she's like knocked out on the couch.

after melissa finishes what she 'needed' to do she sets the phone back down and walks off suspiciously. the second video was of her (nika) walking over with azzi and unlocking her phone to check what melissa did.

they open the messages and see mine at the top. they open it to display the message that i thought paige sent to me. i open my mouth in disbelief.

"she didn't send the message...?" i said making issa look at me confused. "what? what the fuck is going on!" i hear the anger in her voice. i turn towards her and sigh. "paige sent me a paragraph saying how she never wanted me and that she lied and that she wants melissa instead..." i finish and i see issa's eye twitch before she hops up.

"wait wait, where you going?!" i said alarmed. she huffed and turned towards me anger evident on her face. "she fucking played you! i told her not to fuck with you anymore!" she says damn there screaming at me.