Chapter 10 - Lets Talk

Leah's POV

In the time I've known Rori, I have learnt many things. One of those many things is that it only takes one thing, big or small to set her off into a full on raging-anger meltdown. I used to call it the Rori-Rage.

"You are not my mother so I definitely don't need you to start fucking acting like it."

Well this doesn't sound good, I know Rori's mum passed away when she was 18. She really has had it rough when it comes to her family, she is only really in contact with her siblings and anyone from her mums side of the family I believe.

"Yeah well... thankyou for your opinion but please consider this while we are on the pretence of considering thing...who the fuck asked?"

"Me?" She scoffs then laughs. "That's rich..."

I was hoping for Rori to come over and talk about things, but this is clearly a bad time however I want answers, I need answers. We drove in seperate cars after a really good training session. Rori was in relatively high spirits before we left now, one phone call has change that.

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever."

"Oh fuck off Anna!"

Anna, her auntie. She hangs up the phone and throw it across the room. Luckily it hit the back of the sofa.

"Fuck!" She shouts clenching her fists up to her face.

"Hey, calm down." I make my way over and cup her red rage riddled face, her eyes are glassy and grey. "Calm down."

She takes a deep breath. "I'm—I'm sorry..."

"You don't have to be sorry. Do talk about it?"

She shrugs, "Nothing really to talk about."

"Rori...don't brush it off."

"I'm not, it's fine."

"But you know you can talk to me right?"

Rori's POV

Of course I know I can talk to Leah, I used to talk to her about anything and everything—well to an extent. I'm simply just a person who cannot do the whole communication thing when it comes to how I feel. I would rather swallow all the words I hope to say than talk about how things make me feel the way they do. The thought of it is sickening, keeping it to myself is also sickening.

It's called self-sabotage baby, and oh I do it so well.

"Yeah I know..."

But there is no use in talking when I'm this angry. Fuck Anna. Calling me to say her brother, my dad wants contact again. Fuck off. This is the 3rd phone call this month to plead with me. I say no and then she turns nasty. Bummer I'm insane, delusional and full of rage because nothing she could ever say will hurt me more than my words can hurt her.

Leah pulls me to her sofa. "I'm serious Rori, I know you..."

I laugh, "You don't Leah."

"But I do..."

"No. You just think you do."

She grazes over me confused. I know that probably hurt by my words, but it's true. She thinks she knows me but no one truly knows me and how my fucked up brain works, I've never allowed them to see. They see the versions of me I created before and they see the version of me I've created now.

"Talk to me then, tell me all the things I don't know about you." She sounds pedantic, I don't like that.

"Absolutely not." I fight looking down towards my fingers. "Why am I here Le? really."