Chapter 27 - The Basement

Once I sorted myself out I jumped straight into my car, I knew where I was going. I was going to Rori's.

I will deal with the Holly thing later, I don't want to even look at her right now. Right now, I need to get to Rori and tell her those things couldn't be further from the truth.

For the first time probably ever, I did speed. Taking a leaf out of Rori's book clearly. I just wanted there quicker, maybe take some of the pain in her heart away, quicker.

As I got closer and closer to Rori's house, I had this weird feeling in my stomach that then seemed to spread across everything in me. It was almost like dread. I pulled up onto her drive way to see all the lights in her house off, but her car was here? When I got out of the car I walked up to the door with a knock. My knock got progressively more aggressive and harsh with every bang. I need her to answer this door.

Nothing. Fuck.

I look around and see the usual plant pot she used to hide a key in. I look up at the sky and say a small prayer that it's still in there. After some sifting I found it.

Of course she left it there.

I couldn't have unlocked the door quick enough. I was panicked right now, I didn't know why. I just didn't have a good feeling in my gut.

"Rori are you in?" I shout and hear as it echoes off the walls. I flick some lights on and make my way through the living room. Nothing. I make my way through to the kitchen and as I was about to try upstairs, I see some paper on the side from the faint light shining through the living room.

My heart dropped.
I feel sick.

I take a reluctant step forward bringing the
paper to view:

̷I̷'̷m̷ ̷s̷o̷ ̷a̷n̷g̷r̷y̷ ̷ 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝
̷I̷ ̷h̷a̷v̷e̷ ̷
̷I̷'̷m̷ ̷ ̷

𓆟 𓆝 𓆟
ᝰᝰᝰ ˗ˏˋ 𓅰 ˎˊ˗

It's difficult for me to express my feelings. Does that mean something is wrong with me? what could be so wrong about me?
𓂉

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⢐⡘⢄⠗⢦⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠤⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣈⡎⣣⡀⠈⠇⢀⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠔⠊⠐⣀⠤⠔⠤⠤⢸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠣⢀⣀⢀⡵⠚⠉⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠹⠶⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠄⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠉⠀⠀⢰⣀⢘⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠚⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⣴⡆⠀⠚⠉⣿⣿⣷⢲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⢸⢸⠒⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⠓⠤⣀⣀⡠⠃⣜⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣦⢀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠔⠉⠑⠢⢄⠀⡠⢣⠎⠀⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣍⡀⠀⠀⢭⠽⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠲⡇⠀⠀⠚⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⡧⠀⡀⠀⠀⠉⠚⠒⠄⢀⣀⡀⠀⢰⠀⠀⠀⠸⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡤⠔⠉⠀⡀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠬⢦⠎⠀⠀⠀⢈⡆⠀⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡸⢄⠀⠀⠑⢴⡀⠀⠀⢀⠔⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⢀⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢠⠊⠀⠀⠁⢄⡀⠀⠑⢄⠀⠏⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠧⠀⠤⡞⠁⠀⠀⠀
⢠⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠒⠚⢺⣵⡄⣀⠀⠀⢀⠴⡃⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠔⠉⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⢣⡗⠀⠀⠀⢠⡀⠀⠀⠀
⢃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢣⡠⠤⠮⡥⢌⠱⡄⠀
⠘⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡄⠀⠀⢱⠀⢱⡇⠀
⠀⠘⢄⠀⠀⠀⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⢆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠸⠀⡸⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠑⢄⠀⠣⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⢐⡡⠐⠑⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠣⠈⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠒⠩⠴⠖⠛⠈⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠑⠠⠤⠤⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀