Chapter 12 - Match Day

13th of March 2022
Arsenal V Brighton

I'm excited, of course I am, it's game day and I'm playing the full 90 minutes. Technically it should be an easy game for us but you never know in football. I just need to make sure I show what I'm made of if there is any chance at all of me getting selected in the euros squad a little birdie told me that Sarina is going to be watching so no pressure I guess.

Jonas told me in trainings that I just need to control my temper, funnily enough my therapist said the same thing. Which I will, I'm really gonna try and not rip anyone's throat out today.

I've been staying at Beth and Viv this last week just to feel, well less alone really. After my therapy session I had training straight after and well, it was weird...the whole week of training had been. Everyone asked about my face, they were shocked but I was honest about and said it was boxing, no one agreed with my antics, I do get that. Leah didn't speak to me or Beth or Viv at all. She barely looked in my direction and she gave the girls really cold shoulders. They were obviously confused as to why so I had to tell them. I thought they would be mad at me but they wasn't they were actually really understanding and I had what Sarah said in the back of my head the whole week. I planned to tell Leah, I've thought about this long and hard and she does deserve to know plus, this retreat thing would be rather awkward with Leah being how she is with me, Beth and Viv. I planned to tell her after the match and it could go one of two ways really.

"Morninggggg"

"Morning mate." I smile towards Beth who walks round the kitchen island still in her pyjamas. Kick off isn't until 2pm but I'm already pretty much ready, matches are probably the only thing I'm prepared for...ever.

"How are you ready already? It's..." She checks her watch. "8am?"

"Went for a run, had a shower and just thought why not get ready innit." I shug.

Beth's eyes widen towards me, "You've been for a run?"

"Uh-huh."

"Rori, you need to stop doing that. You'll tired yourself out." She shakes her head in disbelief.

"It's just a run Beth, I'll be fine."

Not long after Viv joined us over our morning drinks. Beth of course had a tea and me and Viv had coffee. We started just general chit chatting.

"So, you and Miss W?" Beth chimes in changing the subject, earning a swift smack from her Dutch girlfriend.

"Ow mate, don't."

"If it makes you feel any better, Steph told me she's not in a great place." Viv hits her again.

"Oh yeah, Beth actually now you've said it, makes me feel loads better." I roll my eyes sipping my coffee.

"No you dick, not like that. I just mean she clearly is sad you're not around her during the day and all that."

"Or... she is sad that I'm kept things from her and still am because I refused to tell her?"

"I mean that sounds more likely." Viv adds being the more sensible one of the two.

"Thankyou Viv." I stick my tongue out to Beth. "Anyway, I've planned to tell her..."