Chapter 17 - Confession

My eyes reluctantly peel open. I feel like I had to blink 50 times to get them to fully open. It feels like they had been glued shut. Just as the fear flooded me that it's was another day in limbo I realised I couldn't sit up like before, it far was too difficult and I felt like my arse was superglued to the sheets.

I throw my head back fast in frustration feeling something inbetween my teeth as I bite down, something tight around my cheeks. It soon hit me that I couldn't actually breathe properly. I lift my hand weakly to my face and feel...tubes? One in my nose, one in my mouth.

Wait. I'm awake? okay, okay I'm awake. Now get this shit out of me.

I strain my eyes down as much as they would allow because movement wasn't on my side, I see a figure, it's Leah. She's fast asleep with a headphone in. I reach down until my arm flops, pulling a canular straight out. I watch as a small amount of blood trickles down my arm and machines start to beep as I attempt to pull this tube out. Fuck that hurts, I can feel the air disappearing from my lungs, I think I'm...chocking.

I grunt loudly at the pain.

Leah bolts upright on the bed setting her eyes firmly on me, she looks panicked. She jumps off the bed at rapid speed. I must admit, right now even I'm panicking and I'm scared.

Death by choking on a plastic tube doesn't sounds like an exciting headline.

I hear as she calls for help before I reach to my other arm and start digging at other cannulas.

"Hey Rori, hey, calm down, a doctor is coming." She grips hold of my hands to stop me pulling as I feel tears roll down my cheek. I need this out of me. I shake my head frantically to say no when she mentions a doctor.

Doctors and nurses rush in and push Leah out the way which all in all, I didn't like and I will kick off at when I have the strength.

"Okay Rori we need you to relax while we take this out okay? try and relax."

Try and relax? is he crazy?

I grip this man's shirt, tight as he comes closer. If I had the strength I think I would have thrown him out the window. He places a grip on the tube and begins go tug it mundanely slow. I feel it sliding up my throat while I arch myself in a manic cough. This only irritated my ribs as I scrunch my face in pain.

"Almost there Rori, welldone."

Fuck off you condescending prick. If you pulled alittle fast this would be done.

Finally I feel the tube leave my airway and as I take a gasping breath. I relax from the aching before taking an even deep breathe to stop myself from coughing more. I close my eyes for a brief second still feeling a tube in my nose. I reach up and grab it before one of the doctors notice.

"No no no Rori, leave that there." She says looking into my eyes with a hesitant nod.

"I want it out. All of it! take it out." I croak feeling like my throat has been ripped out and reinserted. Fuck this. "I want Leah, get Leah."

"We can get Leah." She says slowly backing out of the room leaving me with a bunch of doctors who seem to be starting directly into my soul.

"And what the fuck are you all looking at exactly?"

I watch the door as Leah enters, her eyes meet mine as she beams that oh so beautiful smile across to me. She makes her way slowly around the bed before moving hair out my face and kissing my forehead.

"Hi." I say groggily with a raspy tone.

"Hi you." She smiles.

"Okay Rori, I'm just going to reinsert some new canulars to administer you pain relief for you.