game

It was time. You had never really watched a football match from the stands before, and you honestly didn't get how so many people could gather round to watch a ball be kicked for 90 minutes straight. But hey, maybe they were all like you, just there to support the people they love. Or they could just be into football itself. Who knows.

You didn't, for sure. You just loved everything Shidou did. He could have been painting a wall, and you could have watched him for hours, so you never really fully understood his love for football.

Sae guided you to the VIP box, where Chigiri, Reo, and Nagi were already sitting. You waved to them, sitting yourself in the middle. From where you were, you had a perfect view of the whole pitch. You could see everything at once.

But no one was out yet. You were just staring at grass.

"Hey, do you know when they're actually going to start?" You tapped your leg, eager to see Shidou out there.

"I think soon, right?" Reo called to Sae, and Sae nodded.

"They're about to walk out," he said blatantly. Clearly, you were the only one excited for this. And soon, they walked out. You were smiling like a child, almost jumping out of your seat. But you had to contain yourself. You had to put on a good impression just in case people knew who you were.

"I want to scream right now, but I don't want people to think I'm weird," I said smiling, and Chigiri chuckled.

"Don't worry, you see worse at games."

You blinked. "Worse? What do you mean wor-"

"That's for another time, Y/n," Sae interrupted. You didn't bother questioning further and gazed back at the pitch, where Shidou stood in a line with his hands in his pockets.

He looked so fine in his kit.

After a bit of waiting and picture-taking, the game started. You tried your best to understand, for Shidou's sake. You asked a few questions here and there, and Sae even explained the 'Offside' rule, but you honestly didn't understand that one bit.

In the first 12 minutes, Rin scored the first goal from inside the box. The crowd went crazy. You and Sae... not so much. Everyone went to run up and jump on him to celebrate, but they were all shoved off pretty effortlessly. Shidou stayed, though. He honestly seemed pretty pissed. You could tell even from where you were sitting.

"Shidou's mad," Sae stated, staring at the pitch.

"Oh, so I wasn't going crazy," I scoffed.

"He has a tendency of getting rough in matches which aren't in his favor," Sae leaned forward in his chair. "And we are only 12 minutes in..."

"What do you think? Will he get a red?"

"I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened this match," he sighed. "Let's hope he can stay calm."

"12 minutes is crazy too..."

"And it was a clean goal. Dribbling through all the defenders." Now Sae was getting mad. You looked back at the pitch, and the match had already started. Every time Shidou was on the ball, you felt nervous for him. You couldn't even imagine playing in front of so many people, all eyes on you at all times. But he didn't seem nervous. He was smiling. Like, really smiling. You found it pretty cute.

But soon he wouldn't be smiling. In the 37th minute, Kaiser got an assist from Ness and hit the ball straight into the top right corner. You barely even had time to process what happened.

"Wha-" You blinked, hoping Sae would have an explanation.

"I know. The guy's a beast."

"You could put it like that..." You clicked your tongue, still trying to process how fast the ball whizzed through the air. You didn't bother questioning it further and continued watching the game.

Right before the halftime whistle blew, Raichi tackled Nanase pretty badly, earning him a yellow card.

And that was all for the first half.