finally

After an agonizing 15 minutes, the players came back out, eager to start the second half. The first half had you, Sae, and the others at the edges of your seats. Anything could happen.

The referee blew the whistle, and they started passing the ball. Your elbows were on your knees, and your leg tapped.

"Please, Ryusei."

It was going pretty slow at first. 20 minutes of nothing interesting. Until in the 74th minute, Isagi got an assist from Kurona and scored to make it 2-1. Reo and Nagi were pretty psyched beside you, but you and Sae weren't having it.

"Fuck," he muttered under his breath.

"Isagi Yoichi, the man that you are." You shook your head. You had to give credit where credit was due; it was a pretty solid goal.

The crowd went wild, and Kurona jumped on Isagi's back, hugging him tightly. But Bastard Munchen didn't celebrate for long. They only had a one-goal lead.

The game continued, and Shidou seemed more eager than ever. He was charging at people carelessly, trying to get the ball at any moment, but ultimately failing in the end. He seemed frustrated, and you and Sae could tell even from up there, where you were sitting.

In the 86th minute, Karasu ran past all the players through the middle, with Kunigami trying to catch him from behind. He had a clear chance to score, but Kunigami tackled him. The crowd shouted as Karasu rolled on the ground, and you and Sae stood up.The referee whistled. It was a penalty for PXG.

You smiled.

Karasu quickly got up, and soon some disagreements within the team started to occur. Rin tried to take the ball from Karasu's hand, but Karasu disagreed. Karasu wanted to be the one to take it. Shidou then followed from behind and tried to take the ball, but Karasu wasn't budging. Rin and Shidou argued with Karasu, then with each other, then with Karasu again, until Loki had to step in and decide for himself.

Karasu was going to be the one to take it.

Rin and Shidou both rolled their eyes at him, but the decision was made.Karasu placed the ball down and took a few steps back.

"Karasu please Karasu please Karasu please Karasu please—" You muttered, clutching Sae's arm as hard as humanly possible. But he didn't seem to notice; he was too focused on the penalty to care.

The whistle blew, and he kicked it right through Gagamaru's fingers. The score was now 2-2. You jumped in the air, screaming your heart out, as Sae just clapped, acting nonchalant. Typical Sae.

"YES KARASUUU, AND SUCK IT REO AND NAGI." You shouted over to Nagi and Reo, who in that moment looked like they wanted to kill you. But you actually didn't even care.

Rin and Shidou just stood there after he scored. They didn't want to celebrate, not when they didn't score.

Celebrations were minimal, though. There were almost 5 minutes left, and Shidou still hadn't scored.

Five minutes of nothing, and the game went to extra time.

The aura the stadium had was thick; you could feel it in your chest. You prayed, prayed, someone would score. You couldn't bear seeing Shidou upset.

The game went to extra time. Four minutes remaining.

After you had thought all hope was lost, Shidou got the ball. You immediately jumped out of your seat as he began sprinting across the pitch with the ball at his feet. But Shidou got impatient.

And from almost the halfway mark, Shidou shot it as hard as he could, flying right past the keeper. It was a goal.

The crowd went wild, and so did Shidou. Shidou ran in your direction, trying to look for you in the crowd, and once he found you, he waved. The fact that, even after scoring a goal like that in such a circumstance, the first thing he thought about was you.

You squealed, and you waved back in excitement, and Sae couldn't help but smile. His teammates approached him from behind and practically buried him.

And soon the full-time whistle blew, and the score was 3-2.

They had won.