after

They had won.

You practically jumped on Sae, screaming at the top of your lungs with excitement. Even Sae couldn't help but crack a smile as he watched you wail. You let yourself off him and begged Sae to take you down to the dressing room to wait for him to go in so you could be the first to greet him, and that he did.

Having Sae as a friend had way more benefits than you thought. Turns out the guy is way more important than you thought. Everyone practically gets on their knees for him, literally and figuratively...

He escorted you to the dressing room, and you waited in the corridor for him to come out. It took some time, since they were too busy celebrating on the pitch. But eventually, along with his teammates, he appeared at the end of the tunnel. He hadn't seen you, but that didn't stop you from sprinting to him, catching him off guard as you latched onto him.

"Whoa, hey there," he laughed, stopping in his tracks to hug you back as tight as humanly possible.

"I'm so happy for you," you muttered, head buried into the crook of his neck. "You did great, really."

You could feel Shidou smile, and that made you smile. "I had to impress the love of my life, obviously. I didn't want you to get bored."

You scoffed. "Bored? I could never get bored watching you. I could watch you for hours." You chuckled.

Shidou sighed. "Oh Y/n, what did I ever do to deserve you?" He brought his face close to yours and gave you a quick kiss on your lips before placing you down gently, keeping one hand secured around your waist, before you both walked up to join Sae who was talking to some of the players.

Sae quickly averted his attention to Shidou. "What took you so long?"

Shidou blinked. "Huh?"

Sae rolled his eyes. "To score, idiot. I was almost going to fall asleep."

You scoffed, knowing damn well that he was NOT bored for one second of that game, but you decided to just let Sae lead him on a bit.

Shidou flicked his hair dramatically. "Scoring in a random minute of the match is boring. I had to make a memorable goal."

"Of course you would say that." You smiled, looking up at him who was already looking down at you. He held your waist tighter.

"So," Sae spoke. "PXG is having an afterparty at the Dimond Palace, and they set up some rooms for us for the night. You're going, right?"

You didn't know about this. You side-eyed Shidou. "Are you going?"

"Of course, I'm going. You think out of all the people here I'D miss an opportunity like this?" He looked back down at you. "I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure if we'd win or not."

"A night with you in a 5-star hotel?" I smirked and tugged on the collar of his shirt, Shidou getting the gist and wrapping his hands around your waist. "Life is gooddddd."

Sae turned around. "Gross. I'll meet you outside after you're done with this."

You and Shidou both laughed, and Shidou turned to you. "Go with Sae, I've got to shower and get dressed. If you want I got my assistant to pack your bag, and I left you a little surprise in there~" He winked at you. This had you intrigued.

"Oh?" You raised an eyebrow. Shidou just blew you a kiss and jogged to the dressing room.

"What has he done now..." You rubbed your temples with your fingers as you approached Sae.

"Oh, don't worry, I can assure you it's something good." Sae spoke, walking you to a private room.

"Ok, now you're both scaring me..."