Chapter 5

Konoha Forest

Ichigo was marking down the location of another Root base hidden in or around Konoha; over the past month he has been doing non-stop surveillance and tracking movements of the various targets. So far, he has spied on the Hyuga's who are trying to find a was to assassinate Hinata and Hanabi while they were under the watch of Tsunade. Tsume Inuzuka and Hana Inuzuka have been growing increasingly wary of Kiba's mental instability; looks like they might be of some assistance as Kiba assassinated both of them in order to carry favor with Sasuke and because the clan thought Tsume was too soft as a leader. Kakashi Hatake was training his team comprising of Sasuke, Kiba and Sakura; he was however pissed that he wasn't able to get Naruto to further sabotage his training and hopefully get him killed in order to avenge his late sensei. And now Danzo and his Root organization.

"You got the info Ichigo" Hayate said as Ichigo nodded; due to Tsunade being back Hayate was able to cure his lung cancer. With Yugao being the sensei of Naruto's group and for not having any hard feelings for the boy he was told about the mission to change the future; now being endebted to Tsunade and a expert in stealth he was assigned to be the partner to Ichigo.

"Yeah I got it; apparently we got 2 bases inside Konoha and 4 outside each housing 20 root members each" Ichigo said as he closed his eyes and focused his mind "so that means we got 120 root members along with Danzo himself" he said to which Hayate frowned.

"You got any ideas to even the odds" Hayate asked as Ichigo nodded his head.

"Yes; from what I know in my timeline Danzo purposely stand down root during the invasion so he can take control but failed as all the clan heads and so few ninja died" Ichigo said as Hayate was wondering where he was getting at. "So, during the invasion we are going to kill 4 clan heads Inoichi Yamanaka, Shikaku Nara, Choza Akimichi and Hiashi Hyuga as well as kill about 10 clan members each of their respected clans" he said as Hayate's eyes widened.

"So you're going to lure Danzo into a trap by making him think that Konoha is right for the taking; only to cut him down when he shows his head" Hayate said as Ichigo nodded and put up the information.

"Yes so let's-" Ichigo tried to say before he heard a sound behind him and drew his sword. Hayate seeing Ichigo pull out his sword proceeded to do the same as they got ready for a fight. Just then 3 figures landed in front of them and Ichigo's eyes went wide as he recognized the 3.

Sai, his commander in root he was the one who trained him to be the best of the best; he was also the one to send him on extermination and assassination missions for Sasuke after he reestablished root after seizing power. Torune Aburame a member of the Aburame clan with a special ability to poison someone just by touching them. And Fu Yamanaka a Yamanaka with a good sensor and skilled in taijutsu.

"Hello there" Sai said with the same fake smile he has plastered on his face "mind if I ask you fellow shinobi what you are doing out here" he said before Ichigo spoke up.

"Shut up Sai I got nothing to say to you" Ichigo said as all 3-root ninja froze in fear as Sai's face now lost it's smile now replaced with concern.

"How'd you know my- "Sai began before Ichigo decapitated Torune faster than either Sai or Fu could see.

"You see Sai, Fu" Ichigo said as he flicked the blood off his blade "I was planning on killing you 2 later on; but seeing you out here all alone well" he said with a murderous look in his eye "I guess I can move up the date". Ichigo then charged Sai as the boy drew his Tanto blocking a strike that would've surely killed him "Hayate! Kill Fu, he's a sensor and has no real combat specialty jutsu" he yelled as Hayate started to attack Fu and the 2 men began a kenjutsu battle.