Chapter 22

Hokage tower

Hiruzen, Tsunade and Ibiki were sitting in the hokage office watching the crystal ball; Naruto, Tsubaki and Zabuza were all facing off against Kisame Hoshigaki.

"Are you sure this is wise sensei" Tsunade asked "Naruto is certainly B-rank while Tsubaki and Zabuza are A rank; but Kisame is a S Rank missing nin and one of the 7 swordman of the village hidden in the mist" Tsunade said slightly worried. She knew that Naruto and Tsubaki were both strong but she was not sure about letting them fight against Kisame.

"Don't worry Tsunade" Hiruzen said "it's a good way to measure their progress; besides, I'm not a fool. I thought of a back up plan incase something happens" he said.

"I'm just waiting for him to be captured" Ibiki said "the more we know about the Akatsuki the better; Sarada and her friends had general knowledge about them but we need more concrete info" he said.

Hiruzen nodded "you'll get your chance to interrogate him Ibiki; don't you worry" Hiruzen said.

With Jiraya, Anko, Yugao and Hayate

"Good luck sweetie" Jiraya said "daddy's right here incase of trouble; Jiraya was using a camouflage jutsu to hide himself from Kisame. While he is all for the plan, he did not like putting his daughter in danger.

"Do not worry lord Jiraya" Yugao said behind her Anbu mask "if things get too bad we will jump in and help" she said. Jiraya took in a deep breath.

"I hope it doesn't come to that" he said.

With Ichigo, Haku, Karin, Hinata and Yakumo

"Be careful lord Zabuza" Haku said while hiding in a tree.

"He'll be fine Haku" Ichigo said "remember we are here to help incase they get into too much trouble" he said trying to calm the boy down.

"Be careful Naruto" Hinata said as she looked on with her Byakugan in worry.

"Naruto is strong Hinata" Yakumo said "he won't lose" she said.

"And if it gets too bad I'll just use my chains to restrain fish face right there" Karin said; Hinata calmed down a little.

With Naruto, Tsubaki and Zabuza

Naruto with his one tail cloak activated looked over to Tsubaki; Tsubaki with her 100 healings activated looked at Naruto with a smile and nodded. Naruto then looked over to Zabuza who was looking at Kisame with total focus; Naruto cracked his knuckles and took in a deep breath.

Naruto rushed Kisame his red chakra claws extending; Kisame swung Samehada at Naruto who ducked underneath at the last second. Naruto then tried to hit Kisame with his tail but it was blocked by Kisame's hand; Kisame swung his sword once more hitting Naruto on his cloak sending him flying into a tree.

Before Kisame could follow up with another attack he was attacked by Zabuza; the 2 men locked blades and began a fast-paced sword fight. While Samehada can rip, tear and null chakra Zabuza's sword hit harder and had a foot more of reach.

Zabuza swung his sword at Kisame's legs but Kisame jumped over; Kisame then raised up his sword and brought it down using the fall to increase the power. Zabuza used his sword to block the strike; Zabuza sunk into the ground a few inches from the force of the strike.