Chapter 16

Naruto was holding Karin's hand as they walked down the road of ruins of Uzu; Jiraya, Sarada, Moro and Tsume were all following close behind. As they continued walking down the road they looked to the left and saw a mile wide crater that was at least 3 stories deep.

"Damn what caused that" Moro asked and Jiraya spoke up.

"The Uzumaki clan were masters at seals" Jiraya said "they had a rule that if the main village was ever attacked that every clan member would put on a exploding seal that would go off if they were captured or killed" he explained as he pointed to the crater. "They also put a big ass one on their clan library; blew up anything of value" he said "I found this out from a survivor who was able to flee to Konoha; he died a year from old age" Jiraya said.

"At least they didn't go down without a fight" Naruto said as he looked around "I wonder how many people died here" he asked and Jiraya chuckled.

"100 Uzu shinobi and 2,000 militia vs 10,000 Iwa, Kumo and Kiri shinobi" Jiraya said "Konoha couldn't send any help because we were tied up with fighting a Kumo invasion from the North" he said.

Naruto and crew continued walking until they reached the outskirts of the other side of the village; they then found a old shrine with a stone center with a large amount of seals carved into it.

"This is the place the fox said to go to" Naruto said and Jiraya nodded.

"Ok then Naruto go to the middle; Sarada, Moro, Tsume, Karin you 4 get into a meditation position and focus your chakra. I'm going to use you 4 as relays for the sealing" Jiraya said. As the 4 girls got into position Jiraya looked at Naruto "you ready kid" Jiraya asked.

"Are you sure this is going to work" Naruto asked skeptically "like have you ever done this before" he asked.

Jiraya brushed him off "I'm sure you'll be fine" Jiraya said "either it will work or you'll die a horrible painful death; don't sweat it" he said which made everyone look at him.

"What!? You're saying that I- "Naruto began until Jiraya finished his final hand sign.

"Sealing jutsu: Eight Trigram seal reconstruction" he shouted as the array began to glow and the inscription began to envelope Naruto. After a few seconds the world went dark.

In Purgatory

Just then the world came to life again and Naruto and his friends looked around to see themselves inside an empty void.

"What the hell" Naruto said "where are we" he asked.

"You're in the world in between life and death" a feminine voice said; Naruto turned around and saw a beautiful red haired woman "hello Naruto" she said.

"Mom" Naruto said in surprise.

"Kushina" both Jiraya and Tsume said in unison.

"Hey Pervert hey Tsume" Kushina said with a bright smile.

"I'm glad to see you were able to make it here Naruto" came a male voice as a yellow flash appeared; Naruto and Jiraya both looked awe struck "Hi Naruto" he said.

"Dad" Naruto said.

"Minato" Jiraya said trying to not burst into tears.