Chapter 23

Konoha: dawn

Hiruzen and Tsunade were sitting inside the Hokage office doing paperwork; they have been doing this for the past 2 hours and were growing bored.

Just then the door burst open and a panting chunin was gasping for breath "lord Hokage, lady Tsunade; something terrible has happened" he said.

On the outside Hiruzen and Tsunade were confused; but on the inside they were smiling. Another piece has fallen into place.

Secret room in the Hokage tower

"All I'm saying is that you can at least ask" Naruto said pouting; Temari rolled her eyes at this.

"Ok fine" Temari said "but I don't see what the big deal is" she said.

"I only have 20 pairs of boxers" Naruto said "and if you keep borrowing them then I'll only have half as many; half of 20 is 10" Naruto said.

"Ok, ok fine" Temari said "I'll buy my own boxers" she said.

"Hey Naruto think of it this way" Tsubaki said laying down on the couch "if she borrows your boxers; you can wear her panties" she said.

"No, no way" Naruto said waving his hands "I will never wear those; they look really tight and will probably ride up. I like the freedom of boxers" Naruto said.

"That's your problem with wearing your girlfriend's underwear" Ichigo said with a sweat drop as he played cards with Moro, Sarada, Ino and Hinata.

"Royal flush" Hinata said showing her cards making everyone at the table cuss and throw their cards.

"How are you always winning" Sarada complained "you're not even using your Byakugan to cheat either" she said.

"Lady Tsunade taught me, Tsubaki and Hanabi how to play various gambling games" Hinata said "I'm good at card games, Hanabi is good at dice and Tsubaki is good with both" she said.

"Then how the hell did she rack up such a huge debt" Moro said confused "if she's a master gambler how does she lose so often" she said and Hinata shrugged.

Just then the door opened up and Tsunade walked in with a smile on her face "Looks like you were right again Sarada" Tsunade said "it's time for the 'retrieval mission' for Sasuke" she said.

Naruto then became stone faced; he looked around the room at everyone and took in a deep breath "this is what we have been preparing for, for over a year now" Naruto said as he got up "lets end this before it begins" he said as he and everyone else walked out of the room.

In the Hokage's office

Naruto, Sarada, Hinata, Moro, Ichigo, Ino, Temari, Tsume, Karin, Hana and Haku were all standing in front of the Hokage.

"As you all know Sasuke has fled Konoha to go to Orochimaru" Hiruzen said "this is the day we have been preparing for" he said. He then turned to Ichigo "Ichigo; you Tsume, Hana and Haku will go and take out Kakashi. He is on a mission to kill bandits in the Honoda providence; track him down and kill him, try to bring back his sharingan intact if you can" he said.

"Copy that lord Hokage" Ichigo said before turning to his 3 teammates "lets move" he said as he began to walk out.

Tsume stopped next to Naruto and gave him a quick kiss "kick some ass baby" Tsume said with a smile.