Chapter 18

Chunin exam Stadium

Naruto was standing in the middle of the arena with the other finalists; he had never seen such a large crowd before and was feeling a little nervous. As he looked around, he saw that one of the finalists was missing.

"Hey" Naruto shouted to Hayate who was the proctor of the exam "where's that moody bastard Sasuke at" Naruto asked and Hayate shrugged.

"Don't know" he said "if he's late to his match he'll be disqualified" Hayate said and Naruto grew angry.

"What the hell" Naruto whined "I came here to kick his ass; how am I suppose to do that if he's late" he said; he then pouted like a child. Sarada right next to him was also pouting.

'Damn I was hoping to see Naruto wipe the smirk off Sasuke's face" Sarada thought 'why is fate so cruel' she thought.

Up in the stands

Sakura and Kiba were sitting next to each other "where is Sasuke" Sakura whined "I haven't seen him in a month; I wanted to see if he learned any new jutsu" Sakura said. Kiba scoffed and looked back down.

"I just want to see Sasuke kill Naruto" Kiba said angrily as he looked down at the blonde boy. Kiba looked completely different from the last time anyone else saw him; he had bandages wrapped around his mouth (like Zabuza) due to the humiliating banishment he had to go through. His sister Hana used a hot iron to burn off his fang tattoos which left horrible scars; and then he was kicked out of the Inuzuka clan with only enough money to barely scrape by.

'Naruto' Kiba thought darkly 'I don't care how I do it; but I will kill you and I'll take Hinata and that Moro girl for myself' he thought. He then looked up to the sky 'Don't worry Akamaru; I'll avenge you one day" Kiba thought.

In the Senju compound

Akamaru sneezed and Hanabi patted him on the head "bless you Akamaru" Hanabi said.

"Hey look they're about to start" Konohamaru said as he and Hanabi sat on the couch together in front of the T.V.

Back at the Stadium

"Ok everyone I have an announcement to make" Hayate said gaining the attention of everyone in the arena "due to an imbalance in the roster we were going to start with a 3-way battle; but thanks to our honored guest the Raikage we were able to handle it" Hayate said as he pointed to the Kage booth.

A the Raikage stood up and waved to the crowd; he was positioned at the far end with the Kazekage in the middle and Hiruzen on the far right. "People of Konoha" A began "I was invited here as a special guest by the Hokage; and when I heard you were short a genin I thought of a solution. I said I will find a brave volunteer to step in and act as a finalist in order to make it fairer; now I would like to introduce the volunteer Karui of the cloud" A said and pointed to the entrance of the arena.

Karui walked out to the cheering of the crowd and waved in return 'this is so awesome; they're all cheering for me' Karui thought before she stood in line with the other finalist.

In the Kage box

Orochimaru was disguised as the Kazekage and right now he was sweating bullets; not only did he have his sensei in the box, he had the Raikage, Tsunade on Hiruzens side, Tsume Inuzuka and her nin dog.