Chapter 21

Konoha: 2 weeks after the invasion

With Naruto

Naruto woke up in his apartment with a yawn; he then looked to the side of his bed and saw Temari sleeping peacefully. 1 week after the invasion Suna's council had sent a message that they were tricked into helping the invasion of the leaf by Orochimaru; Suna apologized for their actions but Konoha was not very forgiving.

Gaara in a stroke of genius recommended that a political marriage between Temari and a clan heir will be the perfect solution; Naruto was recommended by the hokage and they accepted. Other than a few people no one knew that this was planned from even before the invasion even happened.

"Temari wake up" Naruto whispered into her ear; Temari shifted and groaned.

"Give me a few more minutes" Temari said; Naruto kissed her cheek.

"Ok you win" Naruto said "you want to cuddle" Naruto asked; Temari nodded and crawled next to Naruto and put her head on his chest.

"What do you got planned today" Temari asked "anything special" she wondered.

"Training with Jiraya, visit Sarada and see how she's doing in recovery and seeing Karui off" Naruto said "she has to return to cloud" he said.

"Well, I'll join you" Temari said yawning; she then got up and stretched in her light purple pajamas "I wouldn't mind seeing my new home with my fiancé" she said.

"Ok my sand princess" Naruto said making Temari roll her eyes.

"You're such an idiot" Temari said before moving over to Naruto and kissing him on the lips "you're lucky I like than about you" she said making Naruto chuckle. "C'mon I'll make some breakfast" Temari said as she and Naruto walked over to the kitchen.

With Hinata and Hanabi

Hinata and her sister were eating breakfast in the Hyuga compound; after the death of Hiashi and the Hyuga council and with no heir or heiress to the clan there was a hole in Hyuga leadership. The next in line of power was the head of the branch families; he recommended that Hinata be offered her old spot of heiress back. This was done because while she wasn't popular in the main house, she was very popular in the branch families because of her more liberal attitude and the fact that she openly hated the cage bird seal.

So far with Hiashi and the Hyuga council gone things have been a lot better in the Hyuga clan.

"So, sister" Hanabi spoke up "when are we going to remove the seals on the branch members" Hanabi asked. Hinata finished her bite of food and spoke.

"Lord Hokage, Jiraya and Karin have been working non stop in order to find a way to remove the seals" Hinata said "Karin said at the rate they are going it might be a few months to a few years; but no matter how long it takes we will remove the seals and we will no longer put them on members" Hinata said.

"Things sure have changed huh" Hanabi said "a few months ago we left the clan; now you are the heiress again" she said. Hinata smiled and nodded.

"Maybe" Hinata said "but I will need an advisor though; someone I can trust" Hinata said and Hanabi smiled as she knew where Hinata was getting at.

"I will always be by your side sister" Hanabi said "Tsunade and Tsubaki may have adopted us but you are my one and true family" Hanabi said.