✧ ✦ ✧ The Event ✧ ✦ ✧

The person in front of her staring back, the mirror preceeding her, showing the nicley fitted red dress hugging her body. It had a slit at the thigh and pretty white heels. She threw over herself her iconic white fur boa. She did her hair and makeup, finally she was ready to head out. Grabbing a matching white purse, she headed out her door at 6:50 so she would get there on time. She saw the banquet hall nearing  her veiw in the distance, the sun already set so it glowed like a yellow beacon of light in the louisiana town. People wearing nice dresses and suits entering, everyone having a partner to be there with. Having their arms locked in with eachother as she saw the partnerships entering the building. She frowned, "Dont look so down in the dumps my dear!" A bright, cheery voice appeared behind her. She straightened up startled and turned around, there stood a nicley suited Alastor with of course, a big smile on his face. She blushed a bit, embarressed that he saw her sulking about not having a date to be there with. "Ill be with you tonight, but remember to fix that." He said putting his gloved hands to the corners of her mouth and widening them into a smile. "You know your never fully dressed without a smile." He smiled  a little more and stuck his arm out for her to wrap hers around. He glared down at her as he stood tall, waiting for her to link arms with him. His shiny smile sharp at the corners and his glasses centered on his nose. What he said made her actually smile and she gladdly took his arm in hers. Your never fully dressed without a smile huh? She thought as they entered through the fancy doors, classical music and jazz hitting their ears as soon as they entered. Fancy chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling as people with wine glasses held in their hands stood around and talked, Alastor now held you a bit closer to him and a more relaxed smiled on him now as he lowered his eyelids slightly. He seemed to be knowing where he was going so you just got dragged along with him, but he made sure to walk at your comfortable pace since he knew you were in heels.

You two eventually spotted your brother Luis and his courtship Margaret. (In this rapidly changing time, dating replaced “courtship.” Dating was casual while courting was a process meant to lead to marriage. Dating gave men the opportunity to ask a woman out for a private rendezvous, moving dating out of the home and into the public sphere. - Definition from Google) Luis smiled widley as he saw you and gave you a hug, Alastor not letting you unlink from his arm as his colleague hugged you. luis let go, margaret then giving you a light hug. "Alastor, you never told me you were making moves on my sister? Let alone bringing her to this event." Luis teased, although he did mind a bit that his good friend was tyring to charm you. Before alastor could say soemthing, you cut in, "Its alright Luis, I really dont mind al trying to charm me." She smiled widley and shut her eyes, wondering why she said that outloud and hoping they didnt see your heated up face. But it was true, you were really growing fond of this smiling guy. Alastors reaction was a bit flustered. He glanced down at you, his smiled growing wider at your advances, and escpecially at the nickname. His cheeks a little pink but no one could tell, no one could tell that you were blushing either. Luis just laughed, "Ok cool cat." My brother said to Alastor with a sarcastic tone. Alastor had a sly smirk on his face, "Yes it is true, me and this lovely lady here are seeing eachother." Her eyes widened and she quickly glanced up at him. WHAT? But you two just met a 2 days ago! was he joking? She wouldnt be mad if he wasnt but still! Did he really like her like that? She glanced at her brother and he had a raised brow, he then broke out in laughter and patted Alastors shoulder, assuming he was joking. "Nice one buddy." Luis wiped a fake tear. Margaret looked confused as hell and Alastor just kept his sly smile on his face, not changing or reacting... was he serious? My heart started to beat quick. "Anyways- Darling~..." He said in a tone you had never heard from him before, it made your face go red and he definetly saw that as he turned and lowered a bit to your level with his hand out. He knew exactly what he was doing, escpecially in front of your brother. He was keeping up the act to make your brother actually beleive him. "Would you like to go dance now?" Alastor asked with a smiled and low hooded eyes. She was a bit suprised but nodded, hoping the blush on her face would just go invisible. This all seemed too familiar... She gentley took his hand and he closed it on hers, leading her to the dance floor where everyone began to slow dance to the song "Sway" By: Michael Bublé. The slow music adding a bit of a romantic feel to the fancy building. Alastor putting his hands on her waist and putting her hands on his shoulders. Ironicly enough, the song had a bit of a swaying feeling making the both of you still slow dance but also add your own little moves. "When marimba rythems start to play, Dance with me, Make me sway, Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore, Hold me close, Sway me more." The song played over the speakers, which I then only realized that Alastor was humming to it with his eyes closed and a smile on his face. I smiled seeing him like that, and him with his hands on my waist made me smile wide too. We were on the dance floor for a little while longer, dancing to other song that werent so slow, as to which he spun me or dipped me.

As we walked off, Luis and margaret were having drinks,"You dance very well Y/N." He complimented with his hand crossed behind his back as he walked with you towards the two lovebirds. "Thank you al, you as well." She smiled at him, which he very much liked. They then ordered drinks, Alastor getting his red wine and you getting something else you were quite sure as to what it was but you drank it anyways. "Oh gosh! How had I not noticed this earlier! You two are practically matching!" Margaret said and pointed to your red dress and his red vest with a white dress shirt underneath. Y/N's eyes widened a bit in suprise and she giggled, Alastor smiling and looking down at his vest and your dress. You were both wearing red. He wasnt a dog so he wasnt gonna stare at you for too long, that wouldnt be very gentlemanly of him. They all had a good time that night, Al and y/n leaving a little later than her brother and margaret. Alastor promising luis to get me home safe since I was drunk, luckily I didnt make a joke out of myself until we got outside. "I think... I think someone put something in my drink al..." I slurred, but im pretty sure I was right. I clinged onto him as we walked, he had a smile on him but it looked more of like a dark one. "Mhm..." he mumbled, probably a bit annoyed by me by now. We kept walking to where I assumed was the direction of my house, but my mind was fuzzy to know where we were. Alastor the quietly pulled out a knife from his side, she didnt see any of it though. Luckily she had stopped herself from getting killed as she turned her head towards him, he immediatly put it away. Damn it.. right as he was gonna swing too, he thought. He didnt know why he wanted to kill you without you seeing, he wanted it to be secretive and quick but he failed. She stopped walking, "Can you carry me? My feet hurt." She asked, clearly wobbling in her heels. He sighed but agreed and easily sweeped her up off the ground, she yelped, a bit suprised at how quick he complied and did it. She tucked her head against his chest as he walked her home. They had gotten closer that night, or maybe it was her drunk mind thinking they were friends now.. who knows. If she was sober, would he have still tried to kill her? He did really enjoy her company tonight. He wanted to care for her, maybe even date her. But that other... non regular side of him wanted to see her covered in blood. He could never let her know that though, never let her know that he was the one committing all the murders, that he was a physco path, that he was the one she saw last night with blood dripping down his knife...

1577 words! I know this ones a bit shorter but I put these out the same day😭 Bear with me please! Love you guys! <3