in my head (sebryan)

(song fic⁉️⁉️ in my head by mad tsai)
(p.s. i'll also do stacy's brother🤭)

Love you

Ryan sighs as all the flashbacks and happy memories hit him. He leans his head back against the couch, trying not to think.

Your starring role played the part of my lover
Heart spilled, but ran through the gutter

He remembers how he used to think Sebastian would be the best guy that would ever enter his life. Boy, was he wrong. If he had been the best guy, he wouldn't be here, feeling so empty and lost.

Maybe I'm better off walking home

He still remembers how he had to walk back home after having the worst heartbreak of his life. He felt like he couldn't breathe and he actually had to stop and sit at the sidewalks to calm himself. He almost fucking collapsed in the middle of the road.

Broke my heart, said our love was like movies

How good was Sebastian with spewing lies? How they would spend their eternity together and how they were the couple everyone wanted to be, to finding someone new and dumping Ryan at his lowest.

I'm not the one that you're choosing
God, why do I always love alone?

Ryan sighs. Tears drip from his eyes but he's too in thoughts to care. Was he never going to find love?

But, in my head, you never left
And, at the start, I'd fix this end

Ryan grabs the cushion beside him, burying his face in it. Oh what he would do to go back to the beginning and try to prevent this from happening. Oh what he would do to have Sebastian again.

So, in another world, we'd be again

Maybe, maybe if it were a different time, maybe this would've worked out. Maybe they'd still be here together.

But, in this life, I'm not complete
You found someone I can't compete

But that's not what happened. He found another girl, he left for her. Maybe he wasn't all that to keep Sebastian around.

So guess I'm stuck with loving you inside my head
'Cause in another world, we'd be again

All Ryan can do is hope, all he can do is hope that he and Sebastian would be together, in different scenarios. Maybe.

I know it's selfish to wish that you're hurting
Just to prove it was worth the pain

Ryan wishes that Sebastian feels a fraction of what he's feeling. He presses his face harder into the cushion and cries. All he can do is hope.

And the joy that you put me through
We're slow dancing in grocery aisles

He remembers all those trips to the grocery store, him and Sebastian goofing around in between the aisles. Running. Carefree. In love.

Pretend to hear our wedding bells

He remembers planning their wedding as a joke. The memory flashes in his head. Both of them on their bed, drawing how they would like their wedding venues would look. Wearing suits, joking around about how they would look good as a married couple.

Oh, tell me baby, where did we go wrong?

So tell me, where did it all go wrong? Ryan thinks to himself. Did it go wrong when she walked by us? Or when she walked into our class? Or when she brushed past us in the library? Or when she showed up to prom looking as gorgeous as ever? Did he fall for her in those moments? Or after? I guess I'll never know.

'Cause, in my head, I'm on your bed
We're singing songs from 2010

The memories of them play fighting while music blasts from the speakers flashes in his head. It's almost too painful

And I pause every frame to see you smile again

He tries to forget, so hard, that smile, that hair, those eyes, those perfect pair of lips.

But, truth, is we weren't meant to be

The bitter truth crashes down on him like an 8 story building. Him and Sebastian were never meant for each other.

You own my heart but lost the key

Oh how much he had loved him. No, still loves him. He's not a flaking traitor that he'll move on from Sebastian in a week. He still loves him

So now you tell me 'bout the new lover you met

All he can hope is that the new girl is terrible. And that Sebastian comes running to him in a few weeks. He can only hope.

So guess I'll keep our story in my head

Ryan clutches the cushion tighter, sobbing harder. All the memories and promises crashing down on him.

Do you ever think of me?

Ryan wonders if Sebastian thinks about how much he hurt Ryan. Was that girl worth what he put Ryan through?

The pieces of what we used to be

The perfect couple, the relationship that everyone wanted to have, all crumbled.

Just meet me at the place inside my mind
Our world goes on and on
And we keep on dancing to this song
I live in little moments and rewind

It's too late. Too late to turn anything back. He left and didn't look back. So fuck him, fuck him to infinity and beyond.

But, in my head, I don't pretend
I never lost my only friend

Sebastian was his outlet. Sebastian was his everything. Life is a hollow shell without his touch, smile, laugh, kisses and hugs

'Cause, in another world, we'd be again

Maybe, they would be again, maybe they would complete this fairytale of a love story. Maybe none of them would turn their backs to the other.
But, in this life, I'm not complete

Maybe I just wasn't enough
You found someone I can't compete

He could never compare to her. She was as bright as sunshine, he was as dull as a thunderstorm. She was carefree, lovely and beautiful in every way. He was none of it. He was just a boy, who hoped to find love in a guy who wasn't too sure either.

Guess happy endings only happen in my head

thank you for reading!
hey everyone. sorry to keep y'all waiting. but enjoy this. this is my genre so expect more sad/breakup/angsty stuff. i used to only write angst on my ig writing account but for some reason i stopped. but i'm gonna start again. hope you like it. love y'all!!
{vote/comment/follow ;)}