Chapter 52

"What's up, princess?" Noah chides as he falls into the breakfast line beside me.

"Good morning," I chirp before glancing over his shoulder. "No Akio?"

"Ah," he waves his hand dismissively. "Was up late working on his new science mural. Headmaster excused him from the first two periods so he can actually sleep."

"He's finally redoing it?" I ask, grabbing a mug of coffee.

"Yeah," Noah does the same. "Figured it was time."

"Good for him," I flash a smile. "I can't wait to see the finished product."

"What's got you in such a good mood?" he asks as he reaches past me for some baked goods.

"What?" I scoff. "I'm not allowed to be in a good mood?"

"You're not really a morning person," he laughs. "You finally find someone worthy of your time?"

"As if," I roll my eyes even as heat creeps up my cheeks.

I still haven't told them about Duke. Well, except for Ryan. I just know that I'll never hear the end of it if they find out what the guys I've rejected consistently for years is the reason for my sudden change in mood.

We veer off the line and head towards our usual table. Lina and Ryan are sitting impossibly close, his arm draped over the back of her chair. Hannah sits directly across from Lina already gossiping. I take my spot beside Ryan and Noah beside Hannah.

"Ti ci è voluto abbastanza tempo," I mutter as I sit down.
(Took you long enough)

Ryan elbows my arm, "fatti scopare."
(Get fucked)

"Did you hear about Matt?" Hannah leans forward. "The senior on the track team."

"Pretty eyes Matt or big biceps Matt?" Noah asks.

"What about him?" I ask at the same time.

"He took the fall for the last party," she continues. "But it was his third strike or whatever and he got expelled."

"That sucks," I reply.

"And he was so close to graduating too," Lina adds.

I chew on the inside of my cheek. I've made my decision; spoke with both my parents and Headmaster yesterday. I'm going to take the offer and graduate this year. There's little more for me to learn by staying at Montrose. As much fun as I've had, it's time to move on. The only people left to break it to are sitting in front of me.

"Guys," I pull their attention to me. "I have an announcement to make."

"Are you pregnant?" Hannah practically screeches.

Noah smacks her arm, "could you say it any louder?"

Ryan narrows his eyes at me, "che cosa hai fatto?"
(What did you do?)

I take a deep breath to steady my nerves, "I'm graduating early, this spring."

I look around the table at the different reactions. Hannah looks shocked to her very core, mouth wide open yet nothing coming out. Noah has this sort of brotherly pride stretched across his face. Lina looks like she very well might cry, hands covering her mouth. But Ryan, he just looks concerned.

"Congratulations!" Noah exclaims. "That's awesome!"

"How'd you pull that?" Hannah asks, equally loud.

"I took enough advanced classes and got good enough grades," I shrug. "Headmaster made the offer last week."

"I'm so excited for you," Noah smiles.