Chapter 62

Today is the day that I close a chapter of my life. My whole family flew out for the ceremony, literally everyone. We're staying at a hotel not far from where the ceremony is going to be.

I decided to share a room with all of my sisters last night. We haven't ever really spent time together like that before. But we stayed up late, watched movies and did face masks and gossiped. It was a lot of fun, honestly.

We all flit around the hotel room as we get ready. Sofia has been in the shower for easily a half hour. If she doesn't get out soon, she's going to be late. Gabby has been on a frantic search for her one shoe for a while now; looking under the bed and tearing through everyone's bags.

But Cat's like me. We stand side by side in front of the huge vanity. Just like me, she got up early to work out and shower. And just like me, she's had her outfit planned for weeks.

There's pop music playing from Sofia's phone but it's muffled by the door. Cat works on straightening her hair while I curl mine.

"Are you excited?" she asks, almost passively.

"Yeah," I reply honestly. "A little nervous, though."

"Nervous about what?" she scoffs.

"The future I guess," I reply before spraying some hair spray.

"Your future is laid out for you, Elle," Cat states. She puts the flat iron down to face me, "today is supposed to be exciting so let it be."

I look her up and down quickly, "you're going to do well at Montrose."

"You think?" she perks up immediately.

"Yeah," I begin to work on my makeup. "Just don't take any advice from Enzo."

"I would never," she laughs.

"Jesus Christ!" Gabby bursts into the bathroom. "I can't fucking find it!"

"I got it," Cat interject before I can say a word. I guess the role of big sister, at least when it comes to the littles, has been her for a while now. Maybe that's why we're so alike.

They leave the bathroom with Gabby still worried about her Jimmy Choo's. The shower turns off as I'm finishing up my lashes and Sofia lets steam pour into the bathroom.

"Fucking Christ, Sofia!" I exclaim, hurrying to leave the room. That amount of humidity will destroy my hair and makeup.

Sofia shows absolutely no remorse, wiping the steam off the mirror. Cat apparently found Gabby's shoe as she's almost ready to go. Cat's finishing up getting dressed and I grab my outfit as well. It's a pure white dress that stops just above my knees. It's the only color that didn't clash with the robes we have to wear.

I grab my phone to check the time and grimace. We have exactly 4 minutes until we need to leave. I glance at Sofia, still blow drying her hair, and shake my head. I'm not waiting for that child. My phone buzzes in my hand.

Nacho: we need to go

Me: Sofia's still not ready

Nacho: don't give a shit
Nacho: let's go

I quickly throw on my shoes and grab my bag, "we gotta go."

"I'm not ready yet," Sofia whines. We all flinch at the sound.

"Your guard can take you," Cat says, waving her hand.

"Don't leave me!" Sofia pokes her head out of the doorway.

"We'll meet you there," Gabby assures her.

"I'm not going to be late to my own fucking graduation because you decided to sleep in," I state flatly. "We'll see you there."