3

kahmyla melanie winters.

first day of school is already a fail. i knew i wasn't going to like philly. it was first period and someone threw a paper at the back of my head. it didn't necessarily hurt but it hurt my feelings.

i didn't even know who it was. why would someone even do that? it was even more embarrassing because i started to cry.

the only good part about today so far is that i think i made a new friend? her name is amari. she's the girl i seen yesterday at the corner store with sapphire.

moving on it is now time for gym. sapphire and i had gym together but i have absolutely no idea where it is. i have to text sapphire to find out.

manibear🧸

:mani where is the gym?
:im kind of lost i need help

manibear🧸:ofc ur lost
manibear🧸:stay put ima come get ya

i waited for her to find me and she did. we both walked in. i didn't know where to put my bag but i noticed sapphire didn't have hers.

"where do i put my bag?" i questioned. she pointed over to the wall full of bags. "oh sorry" i apologized and walked over to the wall. when i walked back to sapphire and seen amari walk in.

i waved to her and she didn't wave back. i frowned a little. "damn she do not like yo ass" sapphire joked while laughing loudly.

"watch your mouth mani!" i said nudging her. i don't like when mani or anyone curses. mani rolled her eyes at me. i seen amari stand besides someone else. i don't know why i expected her to stand by me.

the teacher explained to us that it's the first day so we'll start off easy. we're jogging around the whole gym. sapphire was talking with some people so i didn't bother her.

i was jogging by myself. i seen amari in front of me so i jogged a little faster to be besides her. "hi amari how do you like school so far?" i questioned.

"do you always talk so much?" amari questioned. i furrowed my eyebrows and frowned. i don't understand why everyone is so mean today? i wonder what today is.

"i didn't think i talked too much... i don't mean to" i said sighing. maybe i should just leave her alone. i'm probably trying too hard to become her friend.

"well you talk way too fucking much" amari chuckled while showing her perfect white teeth. her smile is something to die for. i didn't like the fact she cursed.

"can you not curse?" i questioned lowly. she looked at me funny and jogged in front of me. i guess that was my que to leave her alone.

we stopped jogging and i went to go get my bag. the bell was going to ring shortly. i think the next period was lunch. "you have lunch after this?" mani questioned me.

i nodded my head. "do you have lunch after this? please say yes mani i don't wanna eat lunch alone" i whined sadly. mani gave me a sad expression.

"i have algebra after this im sorry myla" mani said while hugging me. i hugged her back and sighed. "ill see you later i love you" sapphire said.

"i love you more see you later manibear" i said lowly. i don't wanna eat lunch alone. this is the worst day ever so far. nothing is going right nothing at all. no one wants to be friends with me, i talk too much apparently, and i got a paper thrown at my head. what else worst can happen?

"YO SHORDY" i heard from behind me. i just want to go home. i ignored the person behind me but i heard some footsteps coming up closed behind me.

"leave her the fuck alone she ain answer you for a reason" some random voice said behind me. it sounded like a girl. i turned back to see this short girl. she was beautiful.

"girl sorry about them boys. they dogs they literally don't know how to act" the short girl said. "your so pretty what's your name?" she asked.

"thank you i am kahmyla. thank you again for running him off" i said lowly. it's nice to have atleast one person be nice to me at this school.

"girl no problem & i'm aaliyah by the way! you got lunch this block?" aaliyah questioned while staring at me. i hate eye contact more than anything.

"yes im heading there right now" i said while picking at my fingers. i stopped shortly after because i don't want her to think im weird.

"ou period your gonna sit with me" aaliyah demanded while grabbing my hand and pulling me forward. she didn't wait for my answer she just grabbed me.

she pulled me into the lunch room and brought me to this table. "put your bag down let's go get some lunch" aaliyah said. we went to get our lunch and a random head was sitting at our table. once i sat down the person looked up. it was amari.

she sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "girl what the fuck is wrong with you" aaliyah questioned while picking at her fries. i cringed at her cursing.

"i should go" i said lowly to aaliyah. i don't wanna stay anywhere where im not wanted. i don't know what amari issue is with me but i don't want any problems.

"girl sit down. miss amari gon have to suck it the fuck up i don't know why she's acting up" aaliyah said while pinching amari arm.

"i don't have a problem" amari said while pushing aaliyah.

"okay how's yall first day going?" aaliyah questioned with a huge smile on her face. she seems so sweet.

"it's going cool so far, i'm ready to get the fuck out of here though" amari chuckled. i laughed with her and she gave me a death stare.

i immediately stopped laughing. "yo amari what is wrong with you? deadass. why you keep giving kahmyla these looks?" aaliyah asked with an attitude.

i sighed. "it's nothing to argue about honestly. i'll go" i said while grabbing my bag. i walked out of the lunch room not even knowing where to go.

i went to the bathroom and locked myself in the big stall. i really want to go home. i started to cry silently hoping no one walked in the bathroom.

why does my first of experience of everything has to be so bad? i want to go back to jersey so bad. i'm not having fun here whatsoever. my old friends ghosted me and i can't even make any new ones.

what am i doing wrong? am i weird? annoying? i don't get it. i cried a little harder wishing this was all a dream. i'm too sensitive for my own good.

this day could get any worse.