38

kahmyla melanie winters

i was in my room waiting for a text back from amari. she hasn't answered me but im not going to stress it. she has a life. maybe now should be a good time to talk about cheer with my mom.

i ran downstairs almost tripping but i caught mt balance. "slow yo ass down before you fall kahmyla! always running" my mom yelled at me from the kitchen. i slowed my pace down but i walked a little fast to the kitchen.

i sat at the island tracing the marks of the marble with my finger. i was tracing it for so long i forgot to even ask my mom. i immediately stopped and looked up to see her and she was just video taping me.

"mommy stop it" i said while blocking the camera. sapphire walked in the camera and my mom started recording her. she started doing that stupid philly dance. i keep telling her she looks ridiculous.

"mom can i join cheer again?" i asked once she stopped recording. she looked at me with this unreadable look in her eyes. i didn't know if she was happy or sad. she gave me a blank emotion.

i waited for a response while sapphire pulled a chair next to me. "can we eat burgers today?" she said while yawning in my face. i pushed her and slapped her forehead.

"cover your mouth! if you didn't know, your breath is hot" i said while scooting away. she smacked her lips. i was just joking anyway. i just don't like when people breathe in my face. breath smells or not.

"you really want to join cheer again?" my mom asked. i nodded my head proudly. "if that's what you want babe. if the same thing happens like last time i'll pull you out of it very fast" my mom said while pointing at me. i laughed and nodded my head.

i'm doing cheer again! i wanted to text amari about it. she hasn't been answering me but i still want to let her know.

maribae<3

:bae i am signing up for cheer again!
:i hope you are okay text me when you can
:i love you the most

i wonder what she's doing.

amari amour williams

"how have you been? how was jail? are you staying with us?" i said while getting excited. he just smiled at me and pulled me into another hug.

"how was jail? you don't wanna know" he said while winking at me. i didn't understand what he meant but i ignored it. "i am staying with you guys until i get back on my feet. that may take a while" aj explained.

i jumped while getting more excited. i'm so happy he's here and im even more happy that my parents dropped that narrative of him.

"i heard you got a girlfriend" aj asked while staring at me. i got nervous. what if he didn't accept me? "i don't know why look so nervous. i'm gay myself amari" he said while patting me shoulder.

my eyes went wide. he was definitely doing something in jail. he was taking more than his time sentence.

"you are?" i asked again. he smiled proudly while nodding his head. i felt my phone vibrate for the 100th time. "sorry let me see who this is" he nodded while he went to attend to my mom.

i opened my phone and it was my love texting me. she was telling me about her joining back cheer. i feel like it would be good for her.

mylove♥️

mylove♥️:bae i am signing up for cheer again!
mylove♥️:i hope you are okay text me when you can
mylove♥️:i love you the most

:that's wonderful baby im happy for you
:i love you more my love
:AJ IS BACK HOME CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

mylove♥️:REALLY?
mylove♥️:get off your phone and go spend time with him amari. i know how much him being home means to you. text me later i love you!🩷

:i love you more kahmyla. i'll talk to you in afew

i closed my phone while smiling. i didn't even realize my mom & aj were watching me this whole time. they were just smiling at me text kahmyla.

i got more catching up to do with aj.

-

"i'll take care of jason & his father. don't worry about it amari" aj said with a sad expression on his face.

i didn't want him to take care of anything. i don't want him to end up back in jail but i know he'll go against anything i say. i just hope he handles it better than anything.

"aj come on! i'm about to take you shopping!" my mom screamed from downstairs. aj jumped up like a little kid and i laughed.

"i'll be back kid!" he said while running the downstairs. i smiled at him. i can get used to him being here. it's better because it used to just be me. now it's the both of us.

i immediately got on my phone and called kahmyla. she answered on the first ring. "hi baby! i'm on roblox playing bingo" she said in the camera while focusing back on her ipad.

i smiled. "hey myla. you are very focused on bingo. how did asking your mom about cheer go?" i asked while just admiring her.

she didn't reply the first time until she realized i was waiting for her answer. "she was fine with it. she told me if the same thing happens like last time she'll pull me out" kahmyla said.

i nodded. i agree with her mom. i don't see why everyone decides to pick on kahmyla. she's the sweetest girl in the world. she's my favorite girl.