✧𝙽𝚘𝚊𝚑✧

There's a lot of different things going on in my life right now. It hasn't been the way for a while now.

Over these past few years, I have made up this routine of some sort of the events in my life. I had work, home, and socializing with immediate family. It wasn't a lot, and things were quiet. I found it easier to keep myself in line while there wasn't a lot of things happening. Obviously, sometimes life would happen, and other things would be going on, but more often than not, I'd either get used to it or it'd disappear all on its own.

But now I have this huge thing that fucking life has thrown at my face, and I haven't been able to share with anyone. Except my brother-in-law, but he's got great with the whole sharing and caring with emotions thing, so he hasn't really been that great of a help. It's not his job to be there for me anyway.

My routine has been thrown off all over the place, and now I find that the rest of the stuff I had isn't really there anymore. I mean, I'm still going to work, still at home, still hanging around my family, but now there's always something in the back of my mind. Something that's been the reason I've been getting out of the house on weekends and not going straight home after work, skipping all of my overtime that I used to take every time.

I can't really bring myself to complain though. I don't mind that Kiara and Cameron have been on my mind constantly lately. I'm starting to love the days I get to pick him up from school or hang out with him and Kiara either at my place or the park. I like the fact that they're mostly the only things really happening in my life right now.

The thing I don't like though, is the fact that I might have to give up the rest of my family just to keep the constant events going. The fact that I've been lying to my sister is something I hate, and I know I need to come clean. Which is the plan I try to figure out on the drive to my parents' house.

Alex and Aaliyah are already here. The fact kind of makes me want to put the car in reverse and blindly fly back down the street. But ultimately, I make myself get out of the car and go to the door. No one's there to greet me, but I can already hear where they are in the house. It's the living room, probably while dinner is being set up in the dining room.

Silently, I wander towards the kitchen first where I find my dad tossing food onto plates. "Hey, need help?" I ask.

He glances at me. "No, almost done."

"Cool." I hum as I back away. I didn't want to help set dinner up anyway. I just felt like I should check on whoever's on set up duty before I head off to the living room to see what everyone else is laughing at.

I tilt my head at the scene before me when I walk in. Alex is laying on his back on the ground, clearly against his will. But every time he tries to sit up, Elaina puts her little hand on his forehead to get him to lay back down so she can continue to poke him with what looks to be a stick. Like an actual stick from the ground outside.

"Elaina," Alex protests when she pokes a little too close to his mouth. He turns his head away and starts to sit up. She tries stopping him, but he sits up with ease. Only problem is when he does, Elaina starts to huff and whine.

He sighs deeply as he falls backwards again to lay back down. She smiles immediately and begins poking him with her stick again. The women on the couches do nothing to save the poor guy, just laughing at him while he helplessly lays there.

"Ah, hey, hey." Alex turns his head away and shuts his eyes when she nearly pokes his eye. "Ten cuidado." He grumbles. He's said that so many times, that by now I'm sure of what it means—some order to be careful.