❃𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚊❃

I am an awful friend.

I slept with my best friend's brother and may or may not be pregnant with his kid. Again! All while she's in the hospital with her new baby. What the hell is wrong with me?

Aaliyah did tell me she wouldn't mind if I really did have feelings for him, but she admitted she'd still be slightly upset he'd have broken whatever promise he made to her. Basically, I won't be in trouble, but he might just be for the principal of it alone. Knowing Aaliyah, it's something she'd probably forgive after a little while. Still, the fact that she'd be upset in the first place is sad and unfair. I was supposed to just be her friend.

Even though I still am her friend, I'm also friends with him too. I mean, I kind of have to be for our son, but beyond that I still like him a bit more than I should. I feel like apologizing for it, but that'll have to wait a while. Right now is about her and her new baby.

So, Noah and I don't really...look at each other in the hospital. At all. I mean, he hasn't really been looking at me for a little while anyway, but now I'm not just watching him and waiting for him to look my way. I avoid his gaze just as much too, both of us aware and understanding that today isn't our day. Right now isn't the time.

"Cam," I whisper, squeezing his hand once while I lean down some to hush him. He's excited and I don't think he fully understands why. We told him he had a new cousin, and that's all he really gets.

Cameron doesn't really calm down much. He hangs on tightly to both me and Noah's hands, jumping in between us to give himself a zero gravity feel for a few seconds every now and then. He at least stops yelling every time he jumps though. It was inappropriate, so I'm grateful he at least stopped that.

Noah stops walking beside a closed door. Cam and I both pause by it, quieting down quick. He leans down a little closer to Cameron. "Okay, I know you're really excited, but we're going to have to relax when we get in the room." He explains with a short nod, whispering to him. "Auntie Ally is probably still a little tired, and we can't be too crazy around the baby in case we overwhelm him. Okay, Cam?"

Cameron nods quickly. "Okay." He agrees. Noah takes a breath as he stands back up straight and lets Cam's hand go so he can knock gently before slowly opening the door. He hesitates for a moment before opening it all the way and letting us in.

"Hey, kid." Noah's smile is gentle, eyes on Aaliyah sat in her bed as he holds the door open for Cameron and I to creep on in.

Elaina gasps and grins, sat up in bed with Aaliyah and her new brother. She jumps up and holds her hands out excitedly for her dad to grab her and help her off the bed so she can run over to say hi to Noah. "Uncle, look!" She grabs his hand to tug him eagerly over to the bed.

Noah chuckles to himself as he follows the little girl to the bed. "Yeah, I see." He hums as he leans down to scoop Elaina back up. He sets her gently down at the foot of the bed and comes up to the head of it beside Aaliyah to see the baby. I take Cameron's hand to bring him to the foot of the bed beside Elaina. "You okay?" Noah asks, voice still pretty much down to a whisper seemingly on instinct.

Aaliyah shrugs softly and tilts her head back against her pillows and at a bit of an angle to look up at Noah. "Mm...Tired." She admits with a lazy little smile. "I wanna go home."

"Soon." He assures her with a little nod. "In the meantime, you guys figure out any names yet?" He glances over his shoulder at Alex too.

Alex shakes his head with a deep sigh. "No." He sounds just as dreadful as Aaliyah's expression is.