✧𝙽𝚘𝚊𝚑✧

Nobody tells you how hard it is to coordinate with someone else about a kid. Co-parenting.

And it's not even like Kiara herself is difficult to co-parent with—She's not. She's great, actually. She knows I want my time with Cameron, she's open to talking with me about how we could go on with parenting him in general, and she's decided she trusts me enough to leave him over for a longer period of time than what she normally does. She adds that if he's comfortable with it, he can stay the night.

The only issues that keep popping up is the issue of coordinating right. Not just that but figuring out what our next step is in making up our relationship with more than just me and Cameron, but the three of us all together. The thing is there's always a next step, and building a bond that Cameron can see and rely on isn't as simple as it sounds. It takes effort, and trust. I've gained a lot of Kiara's trust, but there are sometimes where I can see I don't have all of it. And that's okay when it comes to between us and/or the general wellbeing of Cameron and his mental health.

We both, obviously, have never done this before. She knows Cameron better than I do though, and it shows. A lot. I'm pretty sure even Cameron sees it. Sometimes he looks at me and I can just tell he's asking me what the hell I think I'm doing. And honestly, I have no fucking clue.

Kiara always gives me this pitiful little smile when I look at her to ask what to do now when Cameron asks or does something that I have no idea how to handle. Sometimes, she'll let me figure it out. Other times, she'll handle it then later turn to me and say, 'At least you're trying' all sweetly and gently. That helps sometimes.

I think we're functioning pretty well so far though. I can tell it's beginning to get easier between us the more we all get used to each other. Not just with me and Cameron, but interestingly, with Kiara too.

She's not too different from the girl I met in the bar all those years ago. She's definitely changed some, but she smiles and laughs all the same. That's what I liked the most about her, and I'm glad it hasn't gone away.

"Noah!"

Oh, yeah. And my kid still calls me by my first name.

I can't be upset about it though. It's all based off his comfort levels and really just what he wants. So far, he's only known me as Noah. That doesn't really change after I become a little more than his mom's friend to him. He might never call me anything else, and I think I'll be okay with that.

"Nutcase!" I return, mocking his excited tone. He giggles as he runs over, jumping at the last second. I catch him before he faceplants in front of me and lift him up in my arms. "Hey," I chuckle. "Where's your mom and grandma?" I question as I look around. I'm guessing he ran ahead of him.

My own parents don't know about my son, but Kiara's mom sure as hell does. Kiara said she and Cameron are both comfortable with him spending the night at mine, but she admitted that her mom wasn't sure without meeting me. Kiara was quick to add that at the end of the day, it's our decision. But I could tell by the way she was talking and watching me that her mom's input is important to her. I don't blame her, so I agreed to meet her mom. I think I was going to meet her at some point anyway, so I don't mind. Especially if I get sleepover privileges in return.

"Hey, did you leave your mom and your grandma at the door?" I question on a little scoff.

Slowly, Cameron nods. "They were slow."

"Hm." I acknowledge dryly as I make my way back over towards the restaurant doors. "You know, the chivalrous thing to do is to hold the door open for them." I inform.

A Missed OpportunityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara