✧𝙽𝚘𝚊𝚑✧

Okay. So, this isn't great, but it's not bad. I mean, it's not like I'm here twenty-four-fucking-seven. Plus, I'm not even doing something bad. Literally just hanging out somewhere where I was invited.

So what if it's a bar? I was still invited. And, you know, it'd be rude to say no. Right?

On top of being invited, my sister practically begged me to pacify her friends for a minute. Alex has banned them from their home until further notice, and they're going crazy. I'm pretty sure it's why they were banned in the first place. After a while, they kind of become a safety hazard. It makes sense that he doesn't want four safety hazards around his pregnant wife while her due date is literally in a week.

Aaliyah somehow knows I don't have any plans with my kid this weekend, so she's decided to send me off with her friends since they like us both more than their original friend who they've known for longer. For some fucking reason that I still don't get. They seem pretty excited about it.

Eli excitedly slides me a strawberry smoothie before I ever flag one of them down for one. "Thanks," I smile as I accept the free smoothie. It's awesome.

"So, you meeting Jackass here again?"

I cock my head back. "Jackass?" I whisper to myself while I try to figure out what he means. I laugh and start to nod when I remember that's what we chose as fuckin' what's his face's name. "Oh, yeah. Him." I acknowledge. "No, uh, they broke up." I shake my head and look down at my smoothie.

Eli grins like that's just wonderful news. "Good." He decides. "I didn't like him. He looked like he'da bullied me in school."

I chuckle. "Yeah, I didn't like him either. Thought he knew everything." I wave my hand around my temple and roll my eyes. That hatred might just be because he was dating my kid's mom though, to be honest. I hate him for breaking Kiara and Cameron's hearts so easily and for what he said about me, but really other than that, he treated them pretty okay. Kiara was happy, and he got along with Cameron.

I think I was being a dick unnecessarily. My bad.

Eli shifts on his feet and looks around us after that. "So...Aaliyah said you weren't dating." He announces on a whisper. He leans in a little closer. "Is it true?"

I shrug. "Yeah, it's true." I confirm. I keep talking before he can get any ideas. "And no, you may not ask her out."

He perks up quick. "What? Wh—Heh—Where did you get that from? I wasn't—I mean, I wasn't gonna..." He laughs forcefully and waves his hand in the air as he rolls his eyes. I ignore his stuttering as I take a long drink of my smoothie.

I think he's had maybe one conversation with her and it was probably while her and Aaliyah were hanging out. Maybe even sometime at the baby shower. She's a beautiful woman though. A conversation would probably just make any feelings you catch for her stronger.

Like I said. Beautiful woman with a great kid. God help the fucking idiot who gives that up.

"Shit."

Eli shuts up with his stuttering quick. "Hm? What was that?" He jumps at the chance to change the subject while he can. "What's up?"

I shake my head. "Nothing." I hum. "I'm just an idiot."

"Oh," He awkwardly acknowledges. He has no idea what I'm talking about. "Oh, hey look! There's Lucas. Hi, Lucas!" He calls out loudly at Lucas who isn't even paying attention to us.