❃𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚊❃

I've got, like, a thousand different things I have to do today. Or at least I'm thinking that when I get up in the morning.

It's Saturday which means most, if not all, of my errands need to be ran today. Because the water place is closed on Sundays. And one of the stores I need to hit is the busiest on Sundays for some unknown reason. I don't get it.

Anyway, Cameron also hates errands, so we can't spend the whole weekend doing errands without doing at least one fun thing. So, I fully expect to have to stop at a park for half the day or something somewhere in the middle of our errands.

But then I remember my boyfriend is also my son's dad. My son's dad who would love to spend the day with our son. Just as I'm rolling out of bed and grabbing my phone from the charger to give him a call, I process the sounds of Cameron outside my door. At first, I pay him no mind, unconcerned that he woke up before me.

I frown when I realize he's talking to someone. I pause and stare at the door, squinting as if it'll help me hear better. We'll just say it does, because I recognize a deeper voice than his hush him. Then continue to whisper.

My heart beats a little faster as I hurry to the door. Before I throw it open though, I take another few seconds. It only takes me three to come to the conclusion that that extra whispering voice isn't a threat. It's just the guy I was getting ready to text. He either must've let himself in or had Cameron let him in with the help of their walkie talkies.

I narrow my eyes as I lean against the wall beside the door. They're coming down the hall slowly, whispering a little too loud to each other. Well—Cameron is. Noah tries to get him to be quieter, but Cameron's whispering is simply too loud. I nearly gasp when I hear a little something about scaring Mom. They're conspiring. They both woke up early, and now they're trying to scare me in my sleep.

I have about thirty seconds to figure out what to do. I do it quick, rushing carefully but quickly to my bed to grab a couple of pillows, stuffing them under my blanket. I tiptoe my way quickly to the corner of the room behind the door just in time for the doorknob to jiggle. Very slowly and quietly, it opens.

I bet this is why Noah came by to fix our creaky doors. So he could sneak up on me in my sleep. Creep.

It's hard not to laugh as I watch my boys approach the bed where they think I'm sleeping in the place of those pillows. I slowly move away from the corner while they stop at the foot of the bed. Noah lifts Cameron up onto the mattress. Cameron can't help his little giggles as he crawls further up the bed, careful not to disturb the pillows. Meanwhile, Noah creeps up the side of the bed.

I fully expect at least one of them to see me before they do their scare, but neither of them do.  Not even when the puppy that Noah brought over here with him wanders into the room and looks right up at me. Like rookies, neither of them look over their shoulder to make absolutely sure they're about to get me.

So, honestly, it's their faults I'm able to jump out and loudly yell "What're you doing?" at them. Cameron screams and jumps, falling onto his back beside the decoy. Noah screams too and spins around to face me. Gus barks because I scared him too.

I start laughing before they've even recovered. Cameron groans and stays onto his back, writhing around in his defeat. "No!" He whines.

Noah's a sore loser like our son, so he huffs and puffs too. "Kiara, what are you doing? You scared us." He scolds childishly.

I laugh and cross my arms over my chest. "What were you just about to do?" I question, nodding to my decoy. Noah sighs deeply as he reaches over to pull back the covers, revealing the lump on the bed for the pillows that they are. "You're just mad your plan failed." I dismiss smugly.