✧𝙽𝚘𝚊𝚑✧

"Cameron! Let's go. We're late." I call out as I hastily pour what's left in my mug into a theromos to take to work with me.

"Coming!" Cameron calls back. I head off down the hall to make sure he actually is. He's in the middle of stomping his shoe the rest of the way on. When it is, he grabs his little backpack off his bed from beside Gus and rushes over.

"Go wait by the door." I dismiss him. He's already walking around me. "Hey, princess, we're heading out now." I warn as I approach the bathroom where she's still getting ready. Just as I walk into the doorway, she steps away from the sink, dropping her straightener even though she wasn't finished straightening a chunk of her hair. I grimace a little when she quickly collects her hair to hold it out of her face while she doubles over the toilet. "Okay," I whisper as I step further in to hold her hair back for her. I hold it in one hand, using the other to rub her back.

When she's done, she flushes the toilet and pops right up like it never happened. "Okay, love you. See you after work." She hums casually.

I back up as soon as she steps a little closer. "Uh-huh," I lean in quick just to kiss her cheek. She scoffs at me while I do.

"I wasn't going to kiss you."

"Didn't want to take any chances." I shrug her off and take a step back out of the room. She shakes her head with a little smile and reaches over for her toothbrush. She's brushed her teeth a number of times already this morning. "All right, love you." I hum as I quickly head back down the hall.

"Wait,"

I backtrack immediately. "Hm?"

She holds out my thermos that I set aside once I came into the bathroom to hold her hair back. "You forgot this." She smiles.

I smile back and reach out for it. "Thanks."

"Bye." She calls after me as I turn and jog down the hall to meet Cameron by the door. Gus barks at me as I pass the bedroom where he's still lazily sleeping. He hates it when we run in the house.

__________

I think it's pretty obvious that most people hate going to work. Even those people who have their dream jobs. I doubt they all wake up in the morning just buzzing with excitement to work. At some point, you'd have to get tired of it, right?

I don't have my dream job though. I have a normal job. I can't really say everyone hates their jobs since I don't know what it's like to have your dream one, so I'm going to stick with saying the majority of people hate their jobs.

I hate mine, but I go every morning to get it done. Not because I want to, and not even because I get paid for it. Mostly because now and days, coming home from work is the highlight of my day. I always liked coming home to sleep, even before Kiara and Cameron. But now I'm not excited to sleep. I'm excited for all the other stuff. The fun stuff.

It's just me and Cam for a few hours when I get off of work. Today, we spend it going to see a movie in the theater. A kid's one, of course. Animated with those random bursts of songs and choreography that everyone and their mom just somehow know.

I don't know. When we get out of the movie, Cameron says he loved it so I guess that's all that really matters about it.

It's nice to spend quality time with him during those couple hours we have together before his mom joins us, is what I'm saying. He's getting older, and I know there will be a few years there where he won't even be able to look at me without making a sour face and groaning at me for embarrassing the hell out of him. Which I will be doing. Can't say future Cameron is wrong for the groaning.