❃𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚊❃

"Cameron Stone!"

My psycho of a son cackles evilly as my doll is pushed off the tower. I gasp when he shoves her kingdom of blocks down with her, sealing the fate of the princess and her people. "I win!" He declares triumphantly, throwing his fists up in the air with a wild grin, showing off that new gap in his front teeth.

My eyes narrow. "You're going to your dad's." I bitterly grumble as I reach over to dig my princess out of the rubble of her fallen kingdom.

His grin widens impossibly. "Yay!"

I scowl, watching him turn to run over to his little backpack in the corner, just waiting to be picked up. He likes to keep it mostly packed up for when he's told he's going to his dad's. "Hey, come clean up first." I order in a huff as I struggle a little to stand up. I groan at the immediate ache in my back.

Cameron watches me with a slightly scrunched nose and a curled lip as I start massaging my own back to try and get rid of that ache. He widens his eyes a little as he drifts his gaze away and walks back over to start cleaning.

"Shut up."

He shrugs. "I didn't say anything." He points out as he gets down on the ground to start making a pile out of the blocks scattered about the floor. I grumble in response as I walk around him, letting him clean up the mess I assisted in making. Just for that freakin' face he made, he gets to do it all by his lonesome.

It was already the plan for him to go to Noah's today. I just wanted to play a little before I dropped him off since I won't see him all weekend. Noah texted just yesterday saying he'd like to be able to have Cameron all weekend instead of just the one day we usually have him do. I couldn't say no to letting Cameron go over there longer, especially since Noah hasn't been back over since last weekend. He's been sure to keep talking to Cam over their walkie talkies and picked Cameron up from school on Wednesday but hasn't really been over. Not for long, at least. I hardly even had a chance to really talk to him before he was out the door.

He usually stays for dinner when he brings Cameron home after school. It was weird when he said he had to leave, but I couldn't argue at the time when he mentioned having to go over and check on Aaliyah and Elaina while Alex works a bit of a late night. I haven't really talked with him since beyond the text he sent about seeing Cameron. Even then, when I tried to update him on a drama situation at work, his response was a little basic which ultimately led to the end of our conversation. If you could even call it that.

I'm a little concerned that he's being weird because of what happened the last we were left alone here. We still haven't talked about it. He hasn't mentioned it, and I'm a little afraid to since the last I heard, he had feelings for me and wanted to take me out to dinner. I'm starting to think it'll end up just sitting on the backburner for a while just like that kiss he stole before he left to see Wyatt did. We never really stopped to talk about that one either. Maybe there's no talk to have.

I can't tell if I'm relieved or not that there hasn't been a talk. My instinct tells me it's good. It tells me it's good that he doesn't think anything of it, and it's for the best that we just move along as if it never happened. But my instincts tend to ignore how I feel. My instincts help me to survive, unapologetic about whatever feelings get crushed in the process. My feelings being the ones that beg me to do that one thing in cheesy romcoms where one of them shows up to the other's house in the rain to dramatically confess their love for the other.